Hair Category Formulation Scientist
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our client Leading Global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum are currently looking for a Hair Category Formulation Scientist based at their prestigious facility in the Research and Development site at Port Sunlight. This is a full-time temporary role for a period of 3-6 months, working a 37.5-hour week. This role is paying between £24,075 and £26,750 per annum, pro rata, depending on experience.
This exciting role comprises working across all of the company's EU hair care brands to provide formulation and technical support to enable innovation projects, and to re-develop existing products to meet ever-changing EU regulatory needs.
The specific tasks associated with the role are summarised below:
- Support the Hair Category Innovation Programme, specifically in the development and formulation of new products and in the re-development of existing products to meet regulatory requirements.
- Design, plan and execute own work plans (with support from workstream leader), ensuring compliance with COSHH, GLP and SOP requirements.
- Prepare and characterise products, including measuring rheological properties, physical/sensory evaluations and storage stability tests etc.
- Clearly communicate results and recommendations, via presentations and formal written reports.
- Effective collaboration within cross-functional teams.
- Develop technical mastery of hair care formulations; technologies, hair science and measurement understanding.
- Establish networks with relevant external collaborators, e.g. suppliers, industry associations or equivalent, to understand information on product/consumer trend.
- Degree in science or equivalent previous experience, preferably chemistry, but science background needed.
- Some experience in Personal Care Research Product Development or working in a laboratory.
- A rigorous approach and attention to detail.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines using dynamic problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.