An excellent opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our global FMCG client Unilever, the powerhouse behind brands such as Domestos, Cif, Sure and Persil have an opening for a Microbiologist for a 1 year contract. This post will be based from Unilever's prestigious Research & Development Facility in Port Sunlight, Wirral, paying between £27,900 to £33,760 per annum.
This role is for a microbiologist working at Unilever R&D Port Sunlight as part of the Discover Group working on Personal Care projects. The role will involve working on the following areas
- Provide microbiological support for the Deodorants Human Testing programme, specifically:
- Collection of human samples from Deodorants Sensory Study panellists
- Processing of samples for microbial analysis by a variety of methods: traditional culture; qPCR; metataxonomics
- Conducting the relevant microbiological tests (culture & qPCR), processing the data, and preparing study reports
- Formal reporting of results & conclusions to line & programme management
- Support the development & validation of in-vitro preclinical assays
- Preclinical evaluation of lead technologies & prototype products
The role holder will be expected to report results and make recommendations both in written and verbal form to key stakeholders. The role holder will work with one main project team to determine microbiological work plans, conduct experimental studies and act as the microbiology contact for the work. Training will be provided but prior experience in molecular biology (qPCR as a minimum) would be strongly preferred.
Experience and Skills