Maintenance Operative (Plumbing Bias)
2 days left
MAINTENANCE OPERATIVE (PLUMBING BIAS)
Manpower currently have a fantastic opportunity with a client based in North London. They care a charity looking for a Maintenance Operative (Plumbing Bias) to carry out work across multiple sites.
Our client is a charity providing support to disabled and blind tenants living independently.
They have a small maintenance team who service their 7 locations around North London and are now looking to expand on this.
As a Maintenance Operative, your day to day duties will include:
- Working as part of the maintenance team to respond to all basic maintenance and repair issues in the buildings - anything from unblocking drains, investigating leaks to moving furniture or cleaning carpets.
- Ensure that works are performed in accordance with agreed timescales, financial regulations, current legislation and budgets.
- Operating the mini bus in the absence of the regular drivers and undergoing relevant safety training when required
The hours of work are Monday to Thursday 8:30 until 17:00 and Friday 8:30 until 16:00. You'll be expected to be on call for 1 in every 3-4 weeks.
You'll received 20 days holidays plus 8 bank holidays.
The salary is up to £26,000 depending on experience plus an additional £100 per week when on call.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
To be successful in this role, you'll need to have the following skills and attributes:
- Experience as a Handyperson using basic carpentry, electrical work, painting on a regular basis along with strong experience with plumbing work
- Full Clean UK Driving licence - preferably a D1 licence
- Experience with customer service particularly vulnerable people
- On-site safety awareness and knowledge of current legislation
- Be tech savvy - use apps and email to communicate
- Access to your own vehicle and tools
Apply for Maintenance Operative (Plumbing Bias)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly