4 days left
We are looking for a professional Bid Manager to manage tender submissions in partnership with our clients. Our ideal candidate will have excellent communication, strong management and commercial skills at senior levels and at least 2 years experience in a bid and proposals related role. This position is based in Warrington, commutable from Manchester, Liverpool, St Helens, Widnes, Wigan, Leigh and Lymm and surrounding areas.
As a Bid Manager on their team, you will work within the delivery team and be responsible for managing the delivery of bid submissions in response to customer engagements necessitating the successful listing of a client onto Public Sector Frameworks as well as specific open tender responses. In addition, as part of the proposals responsibilities the individual will be responsible for supporting Sales activities through the drafting of Proposal narratives using data gathered by the Delivery Research Team. This is a highly networked role that requires an ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines. It will require strong management and commercial skills.
Bid Manager responsibilities will include:
- To influence the bid qualification (bid go / no go) process for new opportunities
- Preparing and reviewing the commercial aspects of the bid, ensuring all services are included in the final price to the customer
- Risk tracking and management throughout the bid process
- Contributing to the written proposal - both in terms of content and presentation
- Ensure timely delivery of compliant and commercially sound bids
- Understand and resolve complex technical, strategic and business issues
- Arrange all post bid reviews with customers, post contract award
- Delivery of successful tender submissions in partnership with key clients
- Maintaining regular communication with clients
- Contacting relevant public sector purchasing organisations to gather opportunity details
- Gather, analyse, interpret and report on data on UK and International procurement bodies and opportunities, supporting the new product development process
- Collection and analysis of public sector strategies and spending plans, to support the development of the business strategy
- Be fully conversant with the public sector marketplace
Bid Manager Desired Skills:
- Minimum 2 years experience in a Bids and Proposals Management role
- Experience of Public Sector and Tender submission requirements.
- Experience with public sector procurement & related information sources
- Solid understanding and implementation of internal governance procedures.
- Professional and confident telephone manner and excellent email communication skills
- Customer handling and risk management skills
- Ability to manage complex, multi-worksteam opportunities
- Ability to present data in bid submissions clearly and concisely
- Ability to work and absorb pressure, whilst maintaining a professional approach
- Work to strict deadlines with excellent time management, prioritisation and organisation skills
- Ability to multi task and prioritise daily workload
- Excellent analytic skills
- Attention to detail
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Discretion, confidentiality and resilience
- Essential: Degree educated.
- Desirable: APMP Practitioner or Professional level / Prince 2 Qualified.
Our Ideal Candidate:
Proven capability in delivering winning tenders for complex product or services opportunities. Ideally has a background in solutions and services and experience of bid campaign management from opportunity identification through to project delivery, and will provide valuable input into opportunity qualification, win strategies, commercial discussions and solution design.
Our Bid Manager position is a full time role, basic salary starting from £30,000 per annum plus annual bonus, realistic OTE £50,000+. We are happy to welcome the right candidates who demonstrate the above traits and if successful will receive a commitment of ongoing training and personal development.
You may have experience as; Bid Manager, Bid and Proposals Manager, Tender Bid Writer, Bid Co-ordinator, Proposals Manager, Bid Writer, Submissions Manager, Specialist Bid Writer and Senior Bid Manager.
Our Client can offer exceptional benefits for all their employees which include uncapped commission, annual bonus, gym membership, free parking and much more
Apply for Bid Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly