Are you interested in building your professional experience through supporting a range of applications in a complex information systems environment? Are you a driven individual with a desire to be part of an Application Support team delivering high quality IT services to effectively support a range of business critical systems?
Your role will be focused on providing support and maintenance for a diverse range of existing services and applications within the Education Services IT team, including Scientia Syllabus Plus Timetabling software and other supported applications and services. Your excellent communication skills will be utilised when working with a wide range of IT colleagues, stakeholders and users. You will be part of a team delivering support for services that underpin a range of business critical activities. You will ensure that requests and incidents are effectively responded to in a timely manner and to meet customer satisfaction levels.
You will utilise skills, knowledge and experience gained through working in a technical support role to provide high quality proactive and reactive application support. You will answer technical queries, troubleshoot system issues and problems across a diverse portfolio of applications. You will work effectively as part of a team, aligned to the software application support lifecycle ensuring effective communication and consultation with stakeholders and customers in delivering high quality customer focussed application support services.
Working in a complex environment, your work as an Application Support Analyst will involve ensuring user documentation is maintained in line with standard operating procedures to ensure alignment with industry best practice, IT standards and regulatory compliance.
Main duties and responsibilities
· Working to agreed standard operation procedures and industry standards to effectively support existing services and new services;
· Providing advice and guidance to influence and shape system support service levels and standards that represent best value for customers and meet agreed expectations;
· Providing support for core services by handling incidents, undertaking investigation, working with a colleagues to confirm bugs and providing clear and timely communication with users;
· Responsible for effectively planning and allocating your own time, and the time of others when appropriate, to ensure efficient deployment of resources, planning and prioritising work in line with the aims, objectives and priorities of the wider IT Service;
· Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with a wide range of individuals at all levels;
· Support the development and implementation of a customer focused application support service;
· Responsible for training, mentoring and coaching colleagues in the team to share best practice and ensure high standards of application support are consistently provided to all customers;
· Supporting the ongoing development of Standard Operating Procedures and continual service improvement, including ongoing development of knowledge base articles and artefacts;
· Working collaboratively with colleagues from across IT to ensure estimation and scoping, planning, design, development and transition into service are included in planning and organising of work.
These duties provide a framework for the role and should not be regarded as a definitive list. Other reasonable duties may be required consistent with the grade of the post.
· Experience of providing technical or application support in a diverse technology environment;
· Ability to learn to effectively understanding issues and problems raised by customers to effectively respond to diverse groups of stakeholders and appropriately resolve queries and problems;
· Ability to proactively engaging with a wide range of customers and colleagues, providing excellent customer experience and developing a customer focussed team ethos;
· Ability to effectively write both system documentation and user guidance;
· An ability to explain technical problems in non-technical language;
· Ability to undertake technical trouble shooting,
· Strong initiative, with excellent organisational, planning and self-management skills, including the ability to work accurately and carefully, manage and complete projects to deadlines and deliver high quality work;
· Experience of effectively co-ordinating your own work and that of colleagues to respond effectively to changing priorities, assessing urgency and criticality of support requests, incidents and problems;
· Effective communication and interpersonal skills, including written and presentational, with the ability to work and engage with a diverse range of customers and stakeholders at all levels.
You may also have
· Experience of systems development, and/or working with specifications and writing systems documentation;
· Knowledge of ITIL principles or an ITIL 2001Qualification.