Materials Handler (Warehouse)
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Material Handler to join our client based in Leicester. This role is a full time temporary role initially for 3 months working 38 hours per week Monday - Thursday 10.30 am - 19.00 and Friday 10.30 am - 17.00 paying £8.00 per hour.
Our client invents and manufactures technologies that address some of the world's most critical challenges around energy, safety, security, productivity and global urbanisation. We are uniquely positioned to blend physical products with software to support connected systems that improve homes, buildings, factories, utilities, vehicles and aircraft, and that enable a safer, more comfortable and more productive world. Our solutions enhance the quality of life of people around the globe and create new markets and even new industries.
- Ship 100% items to meet and exceed all customer demands/requirements
- Individual/teams health and safety
- Picking: Working from a pick list to collect parts from various locations within the warehouse. This requires 100% accuracy.
- Packing: To consolidate picked goods in a secure manner for direct shipment to external/internal customers. This requires 100% accuracy.
- Dispatch: Generate dispatch labels for the predetermined Carrier and consolidate on the relevant pallet for collection. This requires 100% accuracy.
- Communication: On a day-to-day basis communication between various departments is carried out through telephone calls, E-mail and Fax etc. Responsibility for conducting this in a friendly yet professional manner applies to all employees.
- Principal Networks & Contact Links
- Customer Services
- Manufacturing/Goods In
- Reach Truck and Counter balance FLT licence desirable
- Good numeric skills
- Basic IT skills
- Be able to work under pressure.
- Work on own initiative and as a member of a team
- Able to withstand physical aspect of role
Previous experience in a similar role would be desirable but not essential, as training will be given.
Drug Screening will be conducted on all successful candidates and you will need to provide your own safety boots if you are successful.