Product Test Engineer
My client is one of Britain's biggest suppliers of electrical & mechanical workshop tools and machinery.
They are currently in the market to add to their successful company with an experienced Product Test Engineer in their Alfreton branch.
The successful candidate will be based in Alfreton and you will be responsible for focus on evaluating new and existing products and producing reports summarising the results of the products tested within the team.
It would be an advantage if you had experience within the following markets of automotive, hire, builder's merchants and industrial supplies.
You will be reporting directly to the Quality Manager working contracted hours of 46hrs a week with a basic salary ranging from 25k to 35k with 20 days holiday.
They will also provide support to the Technical and Purchasing departments. This position is a central role within the organisation and the role requires the skills and experience necessary to meet the expectations of the business and its customers. The role requires a broad knowledge of mechanical and electromechanical product design, functionality and safety for a vast product range.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Evaluating new and current products
- Testing the safety, design and performance of our product range
- Logging and reporting findings on all sample submissions
- Create and maintain product construction files
- Evaluating any modifications on existing product range
- Compiling reports on all findings and tests conducted
- Updating product test log and technical files
- Maintain excellent working relationships throughout the business at all levels to ensure all quality needs and requirements are met swiftly and efficiently
Competencies and Attributes:
- Familiarity with the design, construction and use of hand tools, electrical power tools, mechanical equipment and their accessories
- Knowledge of product design, functionality and safety
- Have the ability to understand product specifications
- Mechanical understanding of associated products, equipment and workshop equipment
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office systems, with good communication and report writing skills
- Works well under pressure
- Experience of working on imported consumer products would be advantageous
- Working in a traditional, stable and financially strong market leading company
- Annual salary review
- Bi annual bonus based on performance
- 20 days holiday Plus 8 statutory holidays
- Company Contribution Pension scheme with Life Assurance
Apply for Product Test Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly