Injection Moulding Technician
7 days left
My client is recruiting for a Technician to join their team and support with the daily production workload within the injection moulding department, utilising resources effectively. Controls and reports on the key performance objectives set in line with business needs, which will include scrap rates, efficiencies, quality of products, minimisation of labour through ancillaries, housekeeping, liaising with maintenance/toolroom.
- Maximises the use of ancillary equipment, to meet defined targets and optimise output.
- Ensures that all quality levels are maintained in accordance with QC procedures, and company documentation is accurately completed.
- Ensures housekeeping levels are kept to a high standard.
- Identifies performance shortfalls and takes corrective action in line with company policies and procedures.
- Trains new, or underperforming staff, to undertake their roles effectively and evaluates outcomes.
- Ensures all ancillary equipment is being utilised in order to drive down labour costs.
- Systematically troubleshoots, undertaking process manipulation and identification of high quality manufactured products and records setting data using standard company documentation and procedures.
- Documents tooling problems/machine problems.
- Arranges for tools to be removed to tool room if tool fault arises to minimise machine downtime.
- Safely transports moulds between tool racking and machines as required.
- Operates overhead crane.
- Undertakes tool setting, following the correct standard sequence.
- Undertakes a seamless shift changeover.
- Reviews production procedures in line with KPI targets to reduce cost and improve efficiency.
- Works together with the rest of the technical team highlighting opportunities for improvements in the working environment and improvements in plant efficiency.
- Ensures all operations are conducted in line with current Health and Safety legislation.
- Maintains cover for other department members during periods of planned and unplanned absence.
- Participates in and undertakes project work as required, reporting progress at departmental meetings.
- Adherence to Health and Safety Regulations at all times, including the wearing of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as applicable.
- Demonstrates and actively promotes company values.
- Previous experience of working within a similar role with experience of polymer injection moulding processes
- Previous experience of running a manufacturing department with a formal injection moulding qualification. (City & Guilds or equivalent awarding body), or demonstrable experience to an equivalent level.
- Technically qualified in the operating of Injection moulding equipment and ancillaries.
- Previous supervisory experience
- Extensive knowledge of high volume manufacturing processes.
- Experienced Counterbalance Truck Driver and holds a current licence
- Experienced Reach Conversion Truck Driver and holds a current licence
- Experienced in operating Overhead Head Crane and holds a current licence
This is a great opportunity to join a successful business where you will receive a competitive salary of up to £26,000 - £33,000 and is a full time and permanent position. You will work on a shift pattern of 14:00 - 22:00 although other shifts may be possible in the future. Please apply online or contact Lianne for more details.
Apply for Injection Moulding Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly