Due to expansion our well established client is looking for a Housing Officer to cover the Cardiff area.
Reporting to the Contracts Manager, you will be responsible for managing a portfolio of properties in Cardiff. This role involves working from home with daily travel to provide direct support and management to the Service Users.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Supporting the Service User (SU)
- Manage a caseload of Service Users.
- Attend dispersal and conduct induction of SU into property.
- Sign-post as necessary to support agencies, social workers, support team etc.
- Conduct visits and report any incidents, SU issues, absconders etc.
- Ensure SU's are Moved On when requested by the council.
- Ensure that health and safety of SU's are maintained at all times.
Managing a property portfolio
- Conduct inspections and report defects as required.
- Ensure all items within property are replaced /repaired as required in line with inventory procedure.
- Prepare property for re-occupation after SU's move on within the given timescales.
- Ensure terminated properties are effectively prepared for hand back to landlord.
- Effect minor property repairs if necessary.
- Ensure the properties are maintained according to Health and Safety guidelines and company procedures.
- Ensure stores are maintained in line with purchasing procedure.
- Good office administration and organisational skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- High degree of initiative
- Smart professional presentation
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Office Software
- Full driving licence and a car owner
In return, you will benefit from 20 days holiday increasing to 25 days with service, pension and life insurance.
Hours: Mon-Fri 40 hours per week 8.30am-5pm
Salary: £19,500 plus fuel allowance
Interested in this permanent role, based from home covering the Cardiff area? Please email your CV to or contact me on 07483 340870.
Apply for Housing Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly