R & T Manufacturing and Process technician
5 days left
This large expanding company South of Cambridge are looking for R & T Manufacturing and Process Technicians. Duties will include Mech Lab work (tests & preparation), must have good written and communication skills and ideally have relevant experience
The selected individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following obligations:
- Produce composite laminates by Resin Transfer Moulding (RTM) or infusion processes to support product development projects within the team
- Manage inventory of consumable items used in laminate manufacture and perform kitting operations for other lab users.
- Prepare job sheets and quality documentation associated with laminate manufacture
- Make thickness and C-scan measurements on laminates
- Prepare samples for mechanical testing
- Work with Product Development Scientists when required to support evaluation of new materials
- Performing user maintenance of equipment to keep in optimum condition
- Occasionally liaise with internal and external service engineers with support of supervisor
- Ordering consumable items and maintaining stocks within the laboratory
- The jobholder will be educated in a technical subject
- Practical experience of working in a materials science, process development or engineering environment preferred.
- Competent to plan and schedule own day to day activities.
- Preferably have experience of working with process equipment.
- Keen eye for detail and practically minded.
- Able to demonstrate a proactive and methodical approach to work.
- Competent to work safely in a process laboratory and suggest safety improvements
- Must be able to accurately and concisely record experimental results.
- Must able to communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
- Strong team player, able and willing to actively contribute to project team.
Apply for R & T Manufacturing and Process technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly