Mechanical Test Technician
This large expanding company South of Cambridge are looking for Mechanical Lab Technicians.
Duties will include Mech Lab work (tests & preparation), must have good written and communication skills and ideally have relevant experience.
The selected individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following obligations:
- Planning and executing internal mechanical testing projects and external DNV GL certified qualification projects to agreed deadlines.
- Carrying out sample preparation, machining and mechanical testing according to standard test procedures on composite materials for Industrial and Wind Energy applications.
- Communicating project/programme progress.
- Preparing test reports and/or full technical reports.
- Qualitative and quantitative interpretation of results, possibly with some statistical analysis.
- Developing in-depth knowledge of the specific test standards used and how composite materials perform.
- Contributing to the health, safety and environmental running of the laboratories.
- You will have an Engineering or Materials Science based degree or be an experienced technician with relevant BTEC or HNC wishing to develop their experience further.
- An understanding of machining and mechanical testing techniques is essential.
- Knowledge of materials science and/or understanding of mechanical behaviour of composite materials.
- Good observational skills with the ability to qualitatively and quantitatively interpret data and make scientific inferences.
- You must be an effective communicator and team worker.
- You must have good report writing skills.
- You must be able to use Excel and Word to present technical
Apply for Mechanical Test Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly