R & D Engineer (mechanical)
My Client is a global manufacturer of high pressure systems used in industry, I am happy to be offering this exciting opportunity to work within a rapidly growing industry.
Your new role of R&D Design Engineer will work alongside the existing Engineering Team as part of the RMI Pressure Systems Business and contribute strongly to the design and support of high pressure pumping products and systems, focusing on the design, development and engineering of exiting pumps and pump systems used in the mining and industrial sectors. You will provide engineering lead to junior members of the team will be a key function.
As R&D Engineer you will be working Monday to Thursday 8:15am to 4:45pm and Friday 8:15am to 1:15pm.
What does your new role look like:
- To provide engineering input including concept design and drawings, prototype design and testing, BOM structures, GA drawings, P&ID's, PDF construction and compilation of technical training programs.
- Rationalisation of existing products and component parts.
- Development of new and existing products from design, manufacturing and value engineering consideration.
- Product improvements for lower material, lower cost and improved reliability.
- Preparation of technical information for standard and new products.
- Provide technical assistance for service and warranty issues
- To work closely with members of other departments, coordinating fast and accurate responses to ensure the highest standards of customer service.
- To be actively responsible for your own and others health and safety.
- To actively develop your skills and technical knowledge including taking part in on or off the job training.
- To pro-actively communicate and work with members of your own and other departments to ensure standards of service to customers and business objectives are achieved.
What do you need to be successful as an R & D Design Engineer:
- Hydraulic and/or mechanical engineering design, preferably on rotating equipment
- Creating and delivering innovative engineering solutions
- Solid Works CAD skills to a good/high level
- New Product Development and/or R&D Projects
- Degree / HND / HNC in a relevant engineering subject and have had a minimum of five year's experience working in a design department or similar engineering environment
- Good communicator
- Strong problem solving skills
- The ability to write reports/complete paperwork accurately and legibly
- The ability to plan and manage a varied workload and have a pro-active and flexible attitude
- Motivated and keen to progress
- Accurate with a keen eye for detail
- Committed to a quality culture and to continuous improvement
Desirable Experience (not essential)
- Understanding of fluid power systems
- Design of hydraulic pumps and/or valves
- Understanding of variable speed drives and motors
- Design to ATEX, PED and CE standards
- Design experience with medium/heavy engineering
- Mining and/or Industrial sector experience
- Experience of vehicle engine design
Does this sound like you?
Give me a call for more information