An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our client Leading Global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum are currently looking for a Procurement Officer based at their prestigious facility in Leatherhead. This is a full-time temporary role for a period of 6 Months, with possibility for extension, to start ASAP, working a 36.25 hour week. This role is paying up to £32,000 per annum, pro rata, depending on experience.
Background and Main Job Purpose:
To be accountable for the implementation of one or more Portfolio or sub portfolio sourcing strategies. To maintain in scope (sub-)Portfolio management and sourcing activities on a day-to-day. basis. To execute standardised strategic sourcing processes for assigned (sub-) Portfolios and focus on cost savings.
- Jointly set objectives by sub portfolio and set performance measures, undertake personal reviews to reflect achievements against targets and agree continuous improvement, analyse performance and skill gaps. Agree development requirements and training plans.
- Ensure Personal Development Plans are complete, training plans executed, and that training effectiveness is monitored
- Become the source of expert knowledge, and in conjunction with line manager, establish an agreed strategy for all assigned (sub-) Portfolios. Positively support and contribute to team building and team dynamics though personally displaying team attributes
- Enact Data Analysis including:
- Conduct data gathering and analysis of internal needs
- Collate and jointly refine business requirements to effect greatest supply leverage
- Understand the potential supply base.
- Analyse and categorise the different suppliers using appropriate tools
- Develop supply market knowledge and insight
- Review potential supply base, and establish consistent supplier selection process and acceptable to all the established working community within the portfolio
- Develop a timetable for supplier interactions with formal tendering, response and iterative data and pricing requests when required, or other forms of supplier proposal management
- Ensure pre-qualification where required of an appropriate number of potential suppliers
- Analyse costs, focusing on total acquisition costs, including activity based review and understanding suppliers' cost drivers
- Maintain an active use of e-Sourcing tools either directly or through sourcing technical team support deploying e-RFIs, e-RFPs, e-auctions, and e-exchanges where appropriate
- Prepare rigorously for interactions and management of negotiation with external suppliers leading the involvement of appropriate functional and operational teams within the business as required
- Ability to analyse sourcing data and conceptualise sourcing strategies to ensure all sourcing opportunities have been explored while setting category strategy or developing negotiation strategies
- Influencing skills to promote ideas and concepts back to the Business Partner Teams and users or budget holders
- Attention to detail and ability to assimilate, appraise and extract information quickly when faced with increasing data inputs
Professional Skills and Experience Required:
Experienced in Procurement, preferably within FMCG or similar industry
Working in complex, cross-functional organizations
Advanced User of Microsoft Excel essential
Commercial experience with Knowledge of Marketing related spend categories preferred but not essential
Apply for Procurement Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly