Production Manager - Assembly
Manpower are currently working with a company based in Stafford who are looking to appoint a Production Manager on a full time, permanent basis.
The role involves the management of Sub-assembly, main assembly and the testing of products in a batch environment with a direct end user interface it is imperative that their products are produced to be robust, cost effective and to a high quality standard.
They have enjoyed international and domestic success with our products and we are into a very dynamic phase of new product development that will also result in complete process change and development. Though part of a team, the production manager, will have a direct influence on the successful introduction of new products and processes.
- New product introduction.
- Process change and development.
- Control and maintain production levels in line with customer demand in a batch production environment.
- Control cost of overheads, direct labour and disposables.
- Maintain and where possible improve product quality and reliability by scrutiny of the production processes.
- Planning and control of both the human and material content of each product.
- Work closely with both R&D and Material Control to maximise efficiency of existing products and coordinated introduction of new products at regular intervals.
- Be able to champion, inspire and lead the production team in H&S and Quality best practice.
- Review and improve individual team performance through leadership, training and mentoring.
The Person needs to have previous experience in:
- Process change
- Need to be able to standardise our exiting working practises to meet quantity, quality and safety goals (working with Steve on the existing analysis). (3-6 months)
- Look at the process and make improvements to throughput time, operator training and development and quality. (6 to 12 months after completion of above)
- Work with the rest of the management team to introduce new products and manufacturing method. (12 to 18 months after completion of above)
- Product introduction.
- Batch manufacturing assembly environment.
- Replenishment and material control techniques.
- Leadership and mentoring of production personnel.
- Proven record in accomplishment of improving quality, cost and delivery.
- Control of processes to ensure high quality acceptance.
- Able to adapt to continually changing customer demands.
- Being completely hands on in all aspects of their role.
Should you wish to be considered, please apply online or call the Manpower branch in Birmingham and speak to Ryan Gillespie.
Apply for Production Manager - Assembly
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly