Grade 7 – Senior Tax Professional
We are looking to recruit professionals currently working in external practice, to work in HMRC within Business Tax and Customer Compliance Directorates. Your precise role will depend upon your particular skills and experience. Turning your skills to complex, and sometimes controversial tax affairs of UK and international businesses and individuals, you will be instrumental in reducing the tax gap. Which means you’ll play an integral role in ensuring vital public services are funded. What’s more, you’ll be recognised as a key leader, with scope to shape our future direction.
As an experienced tax specialist, you’ll bring new ideas and fresh perspectives on tackling tax issues to HMRC. Engaging with customers on a huge range of issues, you will own important cases. Put simply, this is an unrivalled opportunity to make a difference in HMRC.
We have a number of tax specialist roles. Full details of the different roles available can be found on the ‘HMRC job roles’ tab within this micro site.
To apply for any of the roles stated (role preferences will be sought during the interview process) you will be required to have ONE of the qualifications shown below or an accredited recognised qualification:
- Chartered Tax Adviser – CIOT
- AIIT (including Paper 4*) or a Consultative Committee of Accountancy Bodies membership qualification e.g. Institute of Chartered Accountants of England & Wales (ICAEW), Institute of Chartered
- Accountants in Scotland (ICAS) Institute of Chartered Accountants Ireland (ICAI)
- Chartered Institute of Public Finance Accountancy (CIPFA)
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Holders of an Advanced Diploma in International Taxation (ADIT)
- Post Graduate full legal qualification - in taxation matters
- For previous or existing HMRC employees TPDP or predecessor qualification (IDP, ITS2, CPT FT2). - (note - existing HMRC employees would only be eligible if they have completed the appropriate course to get them to G7 level (or above) in a tax professional role.)
You will be asked to supply evidence of meeting these competencies when you apply.
- Collaborating and partnering
- Making effective decisions
- Delivering at pace
- Tax Professional - application of tax knowledge