Manpower is working with a prominent Peterborough business that requires a Financial Accountant to support the Accounting Director in general ledger accounting, balance sheet reconciliations, statutory accounts, VAT and insurance.
The successful candidate will be working closely with the Accountant and the FP&A Director so strong communication skills are essential along with an academic qualification, preferably ACCA either part qualified or qualified.
* General ledger accounting including monthly journals
* Preparation of Balance Sheet reconciliations
* Preparation of statutory accounts workings
* Preparation of quarterly VAT return
* Liaison with insurers & loss adjusters to ensure insurance claims are progressed on a timely basis
Key factors for success (short-term, mid-term and long-term)
Success in 3 months will include:
* Routinely performing month end accounting work
* Preparing Balance Sheet reconciliations with minimal support
* Fully up to date with company policy and procedures
Success in 6 months will include:
* Preparing statutory accounts using improved accounts pack
* Providing required tax analysis to external advisers
Success in 12 months will include:
* Take on wider responsibilities in Accountant role
Job experience & skills requirements
* Strong work ethic and willing to take ownership
* Ability to work well in small teams within a large Finance department
* Engaging character
* Part qualified technical accountant
* ACCA or ACA
Ability & willingness to travel other UK sites (occasional)
This is an excellent opportunity for the successful applicant to build a career within a forward thinking company that invests time in its employees within a modern working environment.
For more information on this opportunity, please contact Jamie Gidney on 01733 565488.
Apply for Finance Analyst
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly