An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Our client, a blue chip IT Company, is currently seeking a Deskside Support Engineer IV based on their customer site in Farnborough. This is a Full-time, Fixed Term Contract role until 11th February 2020, Monday to Friday, 9 - 17:30 to start ASAP. The role is paying £29,900 per annum
**** Please DO NOT apply if you do not have SC clearance****
- Responsible for providing on-site desktop support for technical infrastructure for end users; advising and assisting users in solving problems related to software, hardware, networks and peripherals using available technology.
- Analyses system needs, troubleshoots problems.
- Provides user support, new hire system set ups and desktop/laptop software evaluations.
- Deployment of updates/roll-outs. 80% software support with some knowledge of desktop hardware, OS, servers, and data bases.
- Provide quick response and maximum uptime of users.
- Understands customer goals; identifies consequences of various solutions.
- Develops project installation and escalation plans.
- Train users according to technical, release and security standards.
- Good communication skills, able to articulate technical solutions using basic explanations.
- Should continuously utilize on site customer visits and contacts to identify and report new business opportunities (hardware and services) for the benefit of overall business growth.
Skills Level/ Requirements for role
- Must have SC clearance
- Wide range of skills across a number of platforms or highly specialised in one.
- Minimum of 2 open systems demonstrating in-depth technical knowledge.
- Writes operational procedures.
- Provides formal training to junior engineers.
- Should have professional accreditation or equivalent practical experience.
- ITIL foundations.
- Demonstrates management capabilities.
- May lead small team (10) in day to day tasks management.
- Strong background Customer Relationship building
- Expert business level technical knowledge for onsite system level repair and support.
- Complex firmware updates to a wide range of equipment.
- Manage escalations.
- Scope & plan upgrade/rollout projects.
- Participates in wider customer projects.