An opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Our client is currently looking to recruit a Material Loader/Rework Operator (Flexi Pool) for their Trafford Park site. This role is a 20 hr contract, which means you would always be paid for 20 hours regardless but there is the opportunity to pick up more hours most weeks. Starting at Material Loader training rate for a period of 2 weeks at £9.85ph (3R - Monday to Friday). Once fully trained, the rate will increase to £11.64ph for Material Loader shifts between Monday 7am to Friday 9pm (3R) and £14.48ph for Material Loader shifts after 9pm on Friday until 7am Monday. Rework shifts pay at a rate of £9.85ph between 7am Monday to 9am Friday (3R) and £12.15ph for shifts after 9pm on Friday until 7am Monday. You would usually have a mix of Material Loader & Rework shifts each week.
This role is to work on a fully flexible shift pattern 24/7 across both weekdays and weekends. The shifts are allocated every Tuesday/Wednesday for the following week.
The Material Loader/Rework role is a very hands-on, active role and would suit candidates who are used to working in a fast-paced environment, who are confident in prioritising workloads and adapting workloads with changing business demands.
The Material Loader is responsible for carrying out general line operations according to planned operational requirements in order to safely deliver a continuous supply of packaging materials to the production line equipment. As a core member of the operations team, the Material Loader plays an important role in maintaining line safety and will identify process or line issues to leaders.
- Material Availability -Provides a continuous supply of appropriate packaging materials from storage areas to equipment as per 5S standards and SOPs.
- Waste & Recycling- Ensures segregation and removal of waste into appropriate recycling streams.
- Cleaning- Performs initial equipment inspection and cleaning as per SOPs. Will alert team leaders to potential sources of contamination and dirt identified in inaccessible places.
- Quality- Monitors quality against set standards and reports any product and packaging faults. Detects process abnormalities quickly and takes emergency action to prevent them.
- Administration- Conducts effective hand-over activities and accurately records events that have occurred during shift.
- Safety- Full knowledge and understanding of all safe practices and systems relevant to the Sourcing Unit and the legal responsibility placed upon individuals. Must actively contribute to the safe working environment.
- Workplace Hazards -Full knowledge of workplace and hazards within it. Utilise appropriate safety and environmental procedures for people, processes, materials, products and equipment relevant to the task.
- Environment- Reduce costs due to waste and minimise impact to health, safety and the environment through working to eliminate waste and through the correct handling of waste and hazardous materials. Must actively contribute to an eco-efficient environment.
- Continuous Improvement -An awareness of how to use performance measures to identify and prioritise losses in production area; provides description of problems and can provide monitoring of process or line issues.
- Teamwork- Must be a good team member capable of working within a highly effective team; responsible, supportive and reliable.
- Communication- Can adequately communicate issues relating to safety and can provide operational observations and inputs to support decision makers by team leaders.
- Physical Ability- Material loaders require a level of agility to move quickly between workstations, ascend and descend steps often carrying loads. Assembly and control operations also require a level of hand eye coordination and finger dexterity. Monitoring and Quality assurance tasks require an adequate level of sight and smell.
National school leaver qualifications in Reading and Comprehension, Writing and Mathematics. This will support recording of data and general teamwork skills with emphasis on good communication.
- Applicant must be a committed team worker with a strong sense of responsibility and good attention to detail.
- Effective communication skills and an agile mind.
- Must be flexible within pattern of shift work to accommodate factory shutdowns, training courses etc.
PREFERRED / DESIRABLE:
- Experience of industries such as hospitality, high volume packaging, FMCG is desirable but not essential.
- IT Skills - competent in the use of Microsoft Office; Excel and Word programmes is preferred.