Tool Preparation and Servicing Technician required to carry out any work or duties delegated by the Tooling and Design Manager or Supervisor, safely, in the correct way, to the high standard required and on time:
- Maintain existing production tooling.
- Operate all toolroom plant and machinery safely ensuring necessary protective clothing and equipment is used at all times, if in doubt request assistance from Tooling and Design Manager.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness in the toolroom.
- Suggest any possible improvements to tooling or processes, for assessment by Tooling and Design Manager.
- Operate tool maintenance programs referring to the production plan to ensure tools are prepared and cleaned ready for production and maintained to a high standard.
- Log completed tool maintenance and repair work using the systems and databases provided.
- Ensure correct marking and labelling of tools.
- Ensure all stock items, tool inserts and spare parts are returned to the correct location and stored safely.
- Be proactive in suggesting improvements in productivity and efficiency, part of the continual improvement program (CIP).
- Good housekeeping (5S) - ensure that the factory and surrounding areas are kept tidy and within health and safety guidelines.
The company produce the highest quality technical plastic injection mouldings using advanced injection moulding. This is a full time and permanent position with working hours of Monday - Thursday (08:30 - 17:00) and Fridays are (08:00- 15:00) The salary for the role is £23,000, however this may be negotiable depending on experience and various factors. Please call Lianne for more details or apply online.