Please note - This is a temporary role with manpower based in Bristol city (no parking).
If you require further information please email
The Project Support Officer will deliver accurate Reporting and PMO information for Engineering and Technical Directorates to: a) externally, to HPC Central Project Control Teams, and b) internally, to Engineering and Technical Directorate Managers and senior stakeholders.
- Engage with members of Engineering and Technical Directorate management team to ensure work scopes are delivered on time and target.
- Manage all administrative, reporting, costs control, forecasting etc related to on-boarding and management of Contractors and Consultants (embedded and non-embedded staff and external design contracts).
- Source and manage information and data to provide internal and external reporting of Engineering and Technical Directorate progress.
- Support and coordinate administrative information for business related process, including project controls (budgets), management reporting, risk reporting, organisational learning (OLIM) and others as required.
- Maintain up to date contract expenditure information including Compensation Events, Goods Receipting, raising Purchase Orders and coordinating the interface with Procurement.
- Provide administrative support to business planning including annual, long term budget forecasting and ongoing resource management.
- Providing administrative support to document storage in EDRMS.
- Manage Interface with the Reporting and Insight Project.
- Other business administration tasks as required by PI Management Team.
Nature and Scope
- Supporting HPC Engineering Director in establishing and delivering the Engineering Business Plan.
- Providing executive support to the HPC Engineering and Technical Directors as required.
- Providing reliable support services to the Engineering/Technical Directorates including the coordination and delivery of KPI reporting to track compliance and engineering delivery (specifically Safety, LoD delivery timescales, Right First Time metric, Staff Headcount, Training Compliance, Nuclear Baseline).
- Delivering Engineering Improvement initiatives to support reduction in engineering costs at completion and ensure schedule delivery.
- Working closely with Engineering Project Controls team to define and deliver project control reporting for Engineering and Technical Directorates.
- Provide suite of reporting to each of the 6 Plant Integration Engineering Managers within each of the Programmes
- Design, provide and maintain the Engineering and Technical Directorates "visual management" systems to allow Engineering Managers to drive performance within the teams.
- Act as a super user for reporting (Power BI) and document management (Teamcenter) systems.
- Work with Plant Integration Technical Team to provide reporting on Configuration Control processes including implementation of the latest design references into the design.
- Provide and control Engineering and Technical Directorate information to the Project Controls Teams responsible for Project Changes (Risk, Opportunity, Trend and Change Committee)
- Provide a professional, accurate and reliable support service to the Engineering/Technical Directorates.
- Set up and maintain records so that information is readily available and easily accessible.
- Update and ensure all distribution lists are current.
- Prepare reports and presentations for key stakeholders.
- Manage plans within Engineering and Technical Directorates in BWH.
- Maintain a record of department expenditure and forecasts to completion.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience
- General administrative and business support experience.
- Experience of business finance management and reporting processes.
- Experience using Power BI preferable.
- Experience using Microsoft Office, principally excel.
- Strong organisational and administration skills.