On behalf of our client based in Dunstable, Manpower are pleased to be recruiting for a Warehouse Assistant to join them on a temporary basis. The position pays £9.00 per hour and starts immediately!
Job Title: Warehouse Assistant - Immediate Start!
Start Dates: ASAP for an initial 1-week period with the potential to be extended throughout the summer
Hours of Wok: Monday - Friday, 8am - 4pm
Pay: £9.00 per hour
The Warehouse Assistant will support the Commercial Warehouse team in the safe receipt, storage, retrieval and timely dispatch of goods. To support in ensuring the workplace health and safety requirements are met as directed by the Commercial Warehouse Assistant, ensuring the security of the commercial warehouse building(s), containers and stock.
The Warehouse Assistant will ensure that the warehouse and top yard standards are delivered. To ensure that stock is stored appropriately and that their productivity achieves the levels as set out by the Commercial Warehouse Assistant.
The Seasonal Warehouse Assistant is responsible for the accurate picking, packing, and stock handling of all orders to stores & e-commerce orders.
- To prepare orders for delivery, which includes picking of stock for delivery to stores, picking of e-commerce orders, and picking of equipment for other departments.
- To load and unload lorries.
- Taking delivery of goods & supplies, checking for damaged or missing items.
- To safely store goods, moving stock around by hand, using lifting gear or a forklift truck.
- To be responsible for the safekeeping of vehicles and property.
- To carry out quality control checks and to count and record stock figures.
- To be responsible for completion and prompt submission of all related paperwork and the provision of other information as requested.
- To develop productive working relationships with colleagues.
- To communicate effectively with colleagues, managers, other warehouse staff and office staff.
- To be able to deal effectively and efficiently with queries and correspondence.
- To be aware of and to follow all safety guidelines.
- To ensure accuracy in all paperwork and delivery quantities.
- To assist in other duties as reasonably requested by the Commercial Warehouse Assistant.
- To ensure that the work area is kept clean and tidy.
- To operate a LGV (light goods vehicle) safely, delivering to stores.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Ideally suitably trained on using a counterbalance forklift.
- Minimum GCSE's in Maths & English, however experience in this role would be more relevant.
- Have a clean driving licence allowing then to use a LGV.
- The postholder will require warehouse experience within the retail sector.
- The postholder will need to be able to maintain positive relationships with suppliers, peers, and departments.
- On a daily basis be able to maintain a positive attitude with their colleagues, communicating effectively to ensure that the workload is done safely & effectively.
- Comfortable being in regularly contact with suppliers & couriers to ensure that deliveries are received correctly and accurately.
- Experience working with other departments, ensuring that requests are dealt with effectively & acted upon.
If this sounds like to role for you then apply now!