We are currently seeking Insurance Agents/Account Handlers in Huntingdon, working Monday - Friday 8:30am-5:30pm, starting at £18-19k depending on experience opportunity to increase, please see below for more information;
The purpose of this role is to provide a professional, prompt and efficient service to our Brokers and Insurers.
To observe the regulations issued by Financial Conduct Authority and other regulatory bodies.
To incorporate the group's values into every procedure.
Key Skills/Competencies & Qualifications
- A competent level of knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet Explorer and Outlook
- Good written, oral and communication skills
- A competent level of knowledge of the internal computer system and procedures
- Knowledge of all current and new Products
- General knowledge of the Insurance market and legislation requirements
- Excellent communication skills
- Be approachable and helpful to management and members of staff
- Competent in Maths and English
- A collaborative and innovative approach to working
- Act with integrity at all times when working with stakeholders
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Quotes/New Business
- To assist brokers with new business enquiries, liaising with Insurers where necessary.
- To ensure the correct documents and information are available for each quotation.
- Offering the best terms available for each risk.
- Mid-term Adjustments/Cancellations
- Process mid-term adjustments and cancellations ensuring the correct premium is calculated.
- To ensure the correct revised documents are provided.
- To invite renewal on the best terms available, liaising with Insurers where necessary.
- Renew/replace policies issuing appropriate documentation.
- Lapse policies as appropriate.
- General Administration
- To ensure claims records are updated.
- To ensure all diary entries are dealt with.
- To follow up new business quotes and renewal offers.
Compliance, Training & Development
- Observe company procedures in the following areas to ensure the firm remains compliant with FCA and other regulations
- Conduct Risk/ Treating Customers Fairly (TCF)
- Conflicts of Interest
- Training & Competence
- Financial crime including:
- Money laundering
- Bribery Act 2010
- UK financial sanctions
- Data security (including Data Protection Act)
- To complete compulsory modules on Broker Assess on-line training programme.
- Maintain own personal development plan with your line manager.
For more information please feel free to call me on 01895 204 948 or alternatively I can be contacted at Sophie.Howley @ Manpower .co .uk
Claims handler, huntingdon, cambridge, insurance agent, customer agents, finance, banking and finance, finance industry, insurance industry