An exciting opportunity has arisen for a PA to the Vice President to join our client, a leading global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum, based at their prestigious facility in Blackfriars, London. This is a full-time temporary role for a period of 4 months, working a 36.25-hour week. This role is paying between £27,200 - £34,000, pro rata per annum, depending on experience.
Please note; ASAP start required (2 week notice period maximum).
The role supports the Head of one of our client's businesses but works co-operatively and flexibly with other members of the Global Leadership Team too. The Business Head is based primarily in the Philippines and travels extensively, therefore requires a PA who is a self-starter, comfortable working remotely and who can interact regularly with a very international network both inside the business and externally. You must be capable of managing your own time effectively, working independently, using your initiative and keeping the Business Head updated on issues arising in their absence.
- To provide pro-active and high-level assistance in a busy and demanding environment ensuring a consistently high level of service.
- Complex diary management - managing competing priorities effectively working across multiple time zones.
- Organising local and international meetings.
- Organising meetings of the Business's Leadership Team and assisting with the organisation of annual conferences/meetings.
- May require some travelling with the Leadership Team, when necessary, to provide administration and event support.
- Organisation and coordination of international and local travel, including preparation of itineraries, visas and logistics together with management of out of office requirements.
- Visitor management.
- Booking catering and meeting rooms.
- Screening, redirecting and responding to email correspondence, as appropriate.
- Responding to queries and requests for information from all parts of the organisation on an ad hoc basis.
- Responding to external speculative requests and queries as necessary.
- Processing expenses and invoices using relevant systems (training will be provided).
- Pro-actively tackling issues related to administrative processes to ensure speed and efficiency.
- Setting up and maintaining both electronic and manual filing systems.
- Liaison with internal and external contacts - developing knowledge of key individuals, including PA network and wider team.
- Organising and preparing meeting materials at least 24hrs in advance.
- Screening all emails and flagging issues; seeking inputs from senior leadership team where necessary to assist Business Head with issue management.
- Working closely with the Business Head's Category Strategy Director and Communications team on agendas, travel and speaking commitments.
- Managing approval processes at the request of the executive.
- Supporting VP HR with minuting of quarterly people reviews at Leadership Team meetings.
- Proven experience as a Personal Assistant (preferably working in a global organisation).
- Must be comfortable working in a virtual environment (in particular through use of Skype and WhatsApp) and building collaboration with people from different cultures around the world.
- Ability to work flexibly outside of core hours if required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are important, plus experience in managing office processes and where necessary, developing new approaches to meeting changing needs.
- Critically, you must be well organised, able to prioritise tasks of high complexity and have the ability to build relationships with an international network and key stakeholders across different levels in and out of the organisation (previous experience working with a large number of stakeholders internally and externally within an international framework required).
- Initiative to think outside of the box and connect the dots on topics in order to help the Business Head be as efficient as possible.
- Excellent in Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Sharepoint/One Drive.
- Ability to quickly acquire new IT skills to utilise key company software and systems and assist in promoting the use of new software in the business.
- Calm and able to cope with constant change in the leader's plans, often at last minute.
- Trustworthy and sensitive when exposed to confidential information.
- PA Diploma is desirable but not essential.