An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Our client, a blue-chip IT company is currently seeking an Infrastructure Support Specialist II based on their customer site in Slough (with occasional travel to London Cabot Sq., E14 or Global Switch E14). This is a Temporary full-time role until January 2020 with a possibility to extend for another year, working Monday - Friday 7.00am - 9.00pm Split Shift Saturday 8.00am-5.00pm and required to do on-call. They are looking for somebody to start ASAP. The role is paying £167 per day LTD, depending on experience.
Provide Data Centre cabling activities installation, termination and testing of all data center interlink cabling (i.e. CAT-5e, CAT-6 6A, fibre optic)
- Installation, termination and testing of all data centre interlink cabling (i.e. CAT-5e, CAT-6 6A, fibre optic)
- Responsible for all data cable infrastructure installs - UTP, OM3/OM4 and single mode fibre
- Installation, maintenance and lifecycle of the whole trunk-infrastructure across building backbone
- Fault- finding of network cabling within Datacentre, able to trace and test connections and resolving issues. Fibre Optic termination testing and fault finding with OTDR, Fluke testing equipment
- Provide onsite support using Fluke testing equipment to test all new and suspect cable connections.
- Supporting of LAN & WAN Infrastructure components, structured cabling, VOIP telephone systems and voice recording.
- Managing Patch schedules for Platform provisioning (i.e. new server deployment), patch cables are installed- labelled and tested according to work order requests
- Ability to order and manage stock, keeping an up to date inventory of all cabling.
- Liaise with the DCOFM Team Leads and schedule cabling infrastructure works according to prioritization.
Essential Skills and Experience
- The ideal candidate will need to have an extensive knowledge of data cabling with proven experience of (CAT-5e, CAT-6 6A, and fiber optic), able to terminate patch panels floor boxes and wall panels with proven accreditations and experience.
- Basic understanding of network VLAN's and IP addressing
- Have good knowledge of Fiber Optic terminating testing and fault-finding with OTDR and Fluke testing equipment.
- Good knowledge of cabling products of manufacturer's i.e. Systemax, Commscope, Corning, etc
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Good knowledge of cabling products of manufacturer's i.e. Systemax, Commscope, Anixter, Corning, etc
- Knowledge of end user ticketing tools, Snow/Remedy including updating -forwarding and closing of tickets.
- Good Excel skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, customer orientation, self-motivation, and the ability to work in a team are important
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
- Positive attitude, ready to help all support teams with cabling related issues