An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Our client, a blue-chip IT company, is currently seeking a Deskside Support Engineer III based on their customer site in Yeovil. This is a full-time, temporary role to start ASAP until December 2019. Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm, 37.5 hours per week. The role is paying up to £20.41 per hour Ltd/Umbrella company
** Please DO NOT apply if you do not have clearance**
To provide onsite day to day ICT support based at client site office in Yeovil. The role will require a flexible individual with competency across hardware and software support on desktops and laptops.
Onsite day to day ICT support in a busy client site office. The level of support to be provided will need proven experience of at least 2 years in a similar enviroment.
Duties would include:
- 2nd Line support of laptop, desktop and VDI terminals
- Software and Hardware installations
- Hardware Break Fix for desktop, laptop and server enviroments
- Building and deploying workplaces
- Service Desk cover as required
- Bespoke projects as required
- Ability to support and maintain Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (All versions, but mainly Win7 and Win10) in a corporate desktop and laptop PC environment, including management of deployed agents - McAfee, SCCM, etc.
- Ability to support and maintain the Microsoft Office Application Suite in a corporate desktop and laptop PC environment, along with other business applications.
- Proven and demonstrable software and hardware troubleshooting skills
- Good verbal communication: with the ability to communicate to all levels of both the customer and company staff and management
- Good written communication: for clear and concise call logging, escalations, documentation and email correspondence.
- Strongly self-motivated with the ability to work alone under own initiative.
- Good organisational and time management skills:
Driving license required to provide support across the large site and surrounding satellite sites
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- Microsoft Windows 7/10 training and certification