Manpower is currently recruiting a pro-active, self-confident and flexible individual, to join a growing manufacturing company based in Oxfordshire who will soon be launching a new assembly line for a product that will be manufactured in the UK from October 2019. You will be required to provide day-to-day management of Production Operatives ensuring that manufacturing levels are maintained and to act as an expert in your area. The successful candidate will have a team of approximately 8 - 10 members working a standard day shift hour (7.00hrs - 16.30hrs Monday to Thursday 07.00hrs - 11.00hrs Friday). My client will be interviewing during August and appointing the successful person mid- September.
- Day-to-day management of Team Members, including absence management, performance appraisals, holiday approval etc.
- Assign work to Team Members ensuring that skills are utilised.
- Deploy resource appropriately to cover absence.
- Provide coaching, training and / or mentoring of Team Members.
- Ensure safety, delivery, quality, productivity and 6S goals are achieved and monitored daily.
- Report performance against targets as requested to the Senior Team leader and Production Manager.
- Ensures that the team has the correct well-maintained tools, supplies, and equipment needed for successful task completion.
- Create, sustain and update Standard work procedures.
- Actively promote Lean and Continuous Improvement Methodologies.
- Support the Organisation in driving Lean and Continuous Improvement Projects.
- Take responsibility for aspects of Health and Safety over which they have control;
- Adhere to the Company's Health and Safety requirements (defined in the H&S Policy, risk assessments etc.);
- Take reasonable care for their own Health and Safety;
- To promote and maintain a culture of continuous improvement.
- Ability to work co-operatively with others to complete tasks
- Professional approach coupled with strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong Team Player
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to work in and adapt to a changing environment.
- An assertive but calm demeanor.
Qualifications and Experience:
The following qualifications and experience are essential:
- Manufacturing experience
- Supervisory experience
- An understanding of Lean / Kaizen Experience
The following qualifications and experience are desirable:
- Supervisory / management qualification
- Machinery knowledge / experience
- Lean qualification
If you have any further questions about this role please contact Manpower.