Assembly Manager, Slough
40 hours per week - 08:00 - 16:30, Up to 30k per annum
Are you an experienced Assembly Manager with experience of managing small teams?
Do you have previous experience with bespoke products and have a background in the food or bespoke products industry?
Our client is an established national supplier of premium food products in the UK. Manpower are currently assisting them in their recruitment for an Assembly Manager, ideally with experience of bespoke products within a similar field.
The Bespoke Assembly Manager will work closely with the Head of Procurement who is tasked with building the customer base and product portfolio of company offerings. Your responsibility will be to oversee 3-5 Assembly packers within the warehouse.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Responsible for overseeing the day-to-day running of the operation and related operating procedures to ensure quality, safety and efficiency.
- Ongoing development and execution of improvement plans to include cost efficiency's, stock management, order taking, work flow & team management.
- Manage, train and motivate a small team (currently five), to ensure KPIs are met or exceeded (including performance plans and disciplinaries). Set and agree new KPI's each year with Head of Procurement.
- Recruit new staff if required, undertaking first interviews, with final sign off from Head of Procurement.
- Brief the team daily/weekly and lead team meetings. Meet the individuals quarterly to discuss and review KPIs.
Experience & Job Knowledge
- Strong team management skills; able to motivate and lead by example to ensure team members perform to the best of their ability in line with company expectations.
- Familiar with production or packaging lines and/or knowledge of industry best practice.
If you believe this role would suit you please do not hesitate to apply today!