Hours - Monday-Fri 37.5 hour week
The London Airfreight Import team handles in the range of 5000 shipments a month for a vast range of customers from all business sectors.
We have a vacancy for an Import Manager to lead a dynamic team that undertakes a range of activities for London Airfreight Station, along with managing the UK Import Gateway function.
- Continuously grow customer service excellence and productivity effectiveness through development and process review.
- Engage and grow all people in area of responsibility through the implementation of Active Leadership.
- Responsible for the retention and growth of Key Accounts within the Region and for identifying key areas of added value to the customer.
- Lead customer reviews; identify 'hot spots' ensuring KPI's and continuous improvement programmes are run in partnership with customers.
- Manage and develop existing customer relationships internally and externally to ensure they are committed and that their business is retained and opportunities for growth are leveraged.
- Manage implementation of all new key accounts to ensure successful for customer and company.
- Lead/participate in presentations to existing and potential customers.
- Participate where appropriate in relevant Industry Forums promoting the company.
- Manage Customs Compliance procedures and documentation
- Maximise Gross Profit through Service Selection
- Manage Carriers and Handling Agents to resolve exceptions and discrepancies as they arise
- Maintain DfT compliance
- Manage Key Performance Indicators
- Contribute to the First Choice continuous improvement program
- Manage Weekly Team briefing sessions
- Complete and Manage all statutory and mandatory training
- Control and Manage the LHR Import Gateway Function
- Five or More years' leadership experience within the Freight Forwarding Industry.
- Experience of HMRC procedures Essential
- Commercial awareness.
- Clear and concise communication skills (written and spoken)
- Processes Management
- Ability to Lead a culture of continuous improvement
- Inter-personal skills - Influencing, communication, relationship management, cultural awareness and ability to work across teams