Manpower are currently recruiting for an experienced logistics coordinator on behalf of our client based in Edinburgh.
Excellent opportunity to join a dynamic team in a growing industry.
The objective of the role is to effectively manage the day to day organisation of operations of the Depot through the allocation and basic routing/planning/scheduling of vehicles.
The day to day responsibilities include but is not limited to;
Manage driver availability and coverage in line with legislation and company procedures to ensure that there is suitable coverage at all times.
- Day to day supervision of operational staff in order to achieve best in class service delivery
- Managing route efficiency and utilising optimum disposal outlets within the area to ensure effective use of vehicles and facilities.
- Perform administrative duties including input of pay and bonus onto the company systems. In addition accurate input of disposal information
- Supervise vehicle availability on a daily basis ensuring that drivers have completed their checks in accordance with company policy.
- Contribute toward ongoing cost control, actively seeking to improve efficiency and reduce operating costs etc. Running and analysing Depot reports.
- Proactive vehicle management, including liaison with fleet, safe vehicle operations, wheel security, monitor vehicle gross weights.
- Ensure all administrative tasks associated with the Dispatch office are completed, including time sheets, tachograph records, payroll records, holiday rotas, resolution of QLS.
The Hours of work for this vacancy are Tuesday to Saturday, 8.30 - 17.30 pm and 8.00 to 12 on a Saturday. Sunday and Monday being rest days.
In order to be considered, You will have proven experience in a similar role , along with strong communication skills.