An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our client Leading Global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum are currently looking for an Interim SHE Manager based at their prestigious facility in Gloucester. This is a full-time temporary role for a period of 6 months, working a 37.5 hour week (need to flexible). This role is paying between £40,366 - £50,457 per annum, pro rata (PAYE) or between £350 - £450 per day (LTD) depending on experience.
Main Purpose of Job:
This is an Interim Role. Due to the urgency on this role we can only accept applications with no more than 1 weeks notice period or ideally available Immediately.
Ensuring Company safety policy, rules and procedures are understood and followed in all areas and be responsible for ensuring that all incidents are reported and analysed using the proper procedures and resultant actions are implemented. The role holder is also responsible for ensuring that the Site meets all regulations with respect to HSE and for ensuring that clear plans and activities are in place for maintaining those requirements.
On occasion, the role holder will lead incident investigations in the Sourcing Unit when required and ensure that all learnings are cascaded across the factory.
Other responsibilities held by the individual include performing regular audits / safety walkabouts with Management and Leadership Teams, ensuring that all audit actions are completed. Providing support to Operational and Technical teams in carrying out Risk and COSHH assessments when requested, managing the assessment database and ensure all assessments are current, ensuring they are updated when within the renewal date.
Co-ordinate and facilitate Preliminary Hazard Assessments, advise on the implications of existing and forthcoming National and EU Safety and Environmental legislation on the Europe manufacturing sites and to recommend methods of implementation.
Key responsibilities are to manage any Safety incidents which occur on site and assist in the effective reporting of safety and environmental performance. The role holder will also manage on the Company's behalf Employer Liability and Third-Party insurance claims arising from Safety or Environmental incidents and ensure all ISO requirements are adhered to
- Effective Maintenance - The incumbent must co-ordinate with the Technical leader on all aspects of safety and advise on any required risk assessments for maintenance activities that are not day to day.
- Focused Improvement - The individual will co-ordinate the development of agreed annual OSHE improvement plans, goals and targets with Manufacturing Excellence Manager and other relevant site head of departments and ensure progress of annual OSHE improvement plan is reviewed regularly.
- EEM The individual will participate in MP workshops as required.
- Safety - Utilise all appropriate safety and environmental procedures for people, processes, materials, products and equipment to ensure a safe working environment for the whole team.
- The incumbent will drive the WCM OSHE master plan, provide weekend call out cover as part of the OSHE group and ensure teams and individuals are empowered, skilled, motivated and committed to delivering business objectives and the continual development of people.
- The role holder is responsible for the communication and training of new safety systems, management of contractor safety including induction of new contractors and advising on Safety and Environmental protection aspects of all employee/contractor training programmes.Â
- The individual will ensure strong working relationships with OH department, organise personal dosimetry testing when required, organise dust mask face fit testing and ensure all personnel working on site has been trained to fit a dust mask properly. They will also provide training in specific health areas such as safe manual handing and support health initiatives on site
- Workplace Hazards
- Continuous Improvement -
- Problem Solving -
The incumbent will drive the WCM OSHE master plan, provide weekend call out cover as part of the OSHE group and ensure teams and individuals are empowered, skilled, motivated and committed to delivering business objectives and the continual development of people.
Professional Qualifications required:
- NEBOSH diploma
- Environmental qualification preferred (e.g. Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA) Auditor)
- Detailed knowledge of SHE Legalisation and their application to the Sourcing Unit
- Fully trained and competent in carrying out Risk and COSHH Assessments
- Good knowledge of SOL and THA processes
- Competent in performing Accident analysis
- ISO Lead Auditor
- Significant manufacturing experience that provides the necessary technical and leadership experience to operate effectively in a World Class Manufacturing site; able build and motivate a large team, as well as coach it to success.
PREFERRED / DESIRABLE:
- Experience of manufacturing in a Fast-Moving Consumer Goods Company.