An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our client Leading Global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum are currently looking for a HRBP based at their prestigious facility in Colworth, Bedfordshire (MK44 1LQ) This is a full-time temporary role for a period of 12-14 months, with possibility of extension, working a 37.5 hour week. This role is paying up to £55,000 per annum, pro rata, depending on experience.
Business Context and Main Role Purpose
This role is an exciting opportunity to be part of the global HR team that support our clients R&D, specifically the Refreshment category. This role is based at the R&D global centre in Colworth, Bedfordshire and predominantly supports two global VP's - one for Beverages and one for Ice Cream.
In this role, you have responsibility for all aspects of the people agenda, working closely with the broader HR community to ensure HR policies and practices are executed effectively and that talent, organisation, culture and capability needs are diagnosed, and interventions delivered to address these. This role is critical to the delivery of the Refreshment business objectives, particularly with a focus on embedding growth programmes, building talent pipelines and creating a highly effective organisation.
- Key focus on encouraging and enabling teams to be more flexibly resourced (e.g. via freelancers and students etc), adopting agile ways of working where appropriate, and engendering an empowering & engaging culture for all employees via interventions at differing levels of the organisation.
- Coach and advise the Beverages and Ice Cream Design Leadership Teams & work to define the leadership agenda and build team effectiveness.
- Understand the category agenda and define functional agenda to deliver against this.
- Proactively identify and manage team effectiveness and performance and work with Directors to design interventions as necessary.
- Assess Refreshment R&D talent needs and facilitate regular discussions to ensure diverse talent pipeline available to meet these needs, considering internal talent career pathways, direct entry, apprentices, graduates & placements.
- Lead on the organisation change agenda for Refreshment R&D.
- Use analytics and organisation diagnostics to plan and implement organisation development interventions such as reducing attrition and increasing engagement through wellbeing and purpose programmes.
- Support the capability agenda at both an organisational and individual level fully utilising resources within HR and the business to deliver.
- Define & deliver Line Management capability interventions on performance, job evaluation and reward decisions, alongside the People Experience Lead team, to ensure compliance to policies and a high level of line manager ownership maintained.
- Drive simplification of the above activities in pursuit of best practice improvements that contribute to Line Manager self-service and a focus on HRBP team time spent in the highest value-add activities.
- Ownership for all recruitment, talent moves, performance & reward for population & ensuring alignment with relevant partners (Site, Pepsi Lipton Joint Venture, Ben & Jerry's).
- Work in collaboration with Site HRBP to ensure aligned overall HR Agenda for Colworth site.
- Lead projects on the HR agenda for the UK & Ireland geography and for Refreshment Category.
Key Skills & Experience Required
- You are already a successful, forward thinking and driven business partner and ready for a new challenge.
- 5+ years' experience required
- Good knowledge of key HR processes and responsibilities across the entire HR lifecycle.
- Ideally has both hands-on HR business partnering experience as well as experience/understanding of the HR service centre environment and/or expertise.
- Analytical and purpose driven mindset.
- Collaboration skills to enable working across the global organisation and with HR 'dockers' in other geographies.
- Change management experience.
- Proactive trouble shooting.
- Demonstrates integrity in all business interactions.
- Ability to provide both verbal and written information clearly, succinctly, and persuasively, as well as ability to influence others
- Capacity to understand problems and issues in the context of the bigger picture and understand relationships among subcomponents.
- Ability to use research methods effectively, including data collection, diagnostic, and analytical skills with excellent attention to detail and accuracy.