An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our client Leading Global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum are currently looking for a Project Leader (Scientific) based at their prestigious facility in Port Sunlight Research & Development. This is a full-time temporary role for a period of 11 months, working a 37.5 hour week. This role is paying up to £39,573 per annum, pro rata, depending on experience.
The Oral Care category represents a huge growth opportunity for our client which it wants to realise by expanding its limited footprint and delivering an ambitious innovation programme across its 4 unique and differentiated brands Signal, Close Up, Zendium, Regenerate & through Toothpaste, Mouthwash & Toothbrushes.
Packaging plays a prominent role in innovation plans and is a key capability to drive competitive advantage. Not only does it fulfil a very important functional role, to contain, protect and inform, but also as the first "touchpoint" with the consumer, it must engage the consumer, reflecting the brand proposition, and delivering a delightful experience. The Oral Care Global Packaging Design team focus is on designing of packaging innovations, mainly with tubes and flexibles, plastic bottles and closures, corrugated secondary packaging and pallet plans are also developed.
The primary purpose of this position is to assist and manage the R&D packaging elements of the SMILE Premium, Essential, Whitening platforms and medical devices catering to global markets
(D& D&E) which includes innovation, renovation, VIP, simplification and assist the packaging managers In UK and Italy site as required. The role will be based in Port Sunlight R&D centre for Oral Pack team.
The candidate should have a scientific background;
- To deliver the content of technical specifications for all packaging components developed in a project.
- Designing and developing a Packaging format, from the planning to the execution of
- pilot stages and subsequent implementing steps and scale up.
- Directly responsible for all elements of technical feasibility validations of packaging component.
- Responsible for risk management, claims and legal compliance with local & regional requirements.
- Responsible for intellectual property protection and patents, regulatory and safety clearance of packaging.
- Responsible for stake holder management in the project team
- Responsible for ensuring handover of specification & practical know -how to receive regions/ countries and to supply chain.
- Leading the VIP activities for packaging.
- To participate in building of the packaging capability through involvement in relevant cross group activities.
- Conducting lab test, develop testing method, interpret test data results, and reports.
- Manage good technical data records - project data, specifications, test results
- Maintain close network with other regions to ensure global consistency in way of working across Oral Care category
- Manage our client's database (Team Centre, Toolbox, IPM, etc.).
- Role may require occasional local/international travel to manage trials/attend meetings or conferences.
Skills and Experience
Packaging experience desirable but not essential
Knowledge of IT systems, software and office essential
Project Management experience required
Scientific Degree - Bachelor/Master desirable
International travel required with this role