Mechanical Services Supervisor
Manpower are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Services Supervisor who will be based in Longcross, Surrey. This is a full-time permanent role.
Our client helps to maintain exclusive properties to the highest standard possible. This position is a brilliant opportunity for a Mechanical Services Supervisor to join a high performing team in a fast pace role.
As a Mechanical Services Supervisor, you will be responsible for the following:
- Carrying out or supervising installation of plumbing, heating and mechanical systems by in house maintenance/ mechanical teams
- Checking all work is completed to a high standard within a timely manner
- Working closely with subcontracted maintenance teams on a schedule of maintenance work throughout all properties
- Providing a point of contact service for day-to-day questions and problems regarding equipment, materials, methods, and procedures
- Seeking approval and place orders for parts, equipment and contractor assigned work
- Maintaining an adequate inventory of back up equipment and replacement parts
- In the event of any emergency or in case of unusual circumstances, responding to the situation to the best of ability even though the situation normally requires a person of a different trade
- Liaising with departments to arrange for maintenance/ mechanical work to be carried out in various properties
Please be aware that there will be times where you will be asked to do additional tasks and be asked to cover a colleague shift in times of sickness or absence.
Hours & Salary
The salary for this position is £42K depending on experience and you will be contracted to work 40 hours per week. These hours are Monday to Friday, 8am-4pm.
Please keep in mind that you will be expected to complete overtime during the peak period (May-October) however, there is an allowance of £1500 for this.
You will receive 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) along with a variety of additional benefits that include a season ticket loan, private health care and other voluntary benefits such as exclusive savings!
Skills & Attributes
To be successful as a Mechanical Services Supervisor, you'll need the following skills & attributes:
- A Commercial Gas qualification (CoDNCO1, TPCP, ICPN1, CDGA1)
- A Domestic Gas qualification is desirable but not essential
- Proven practical experience and knowledge of building maintenance/ mechanical installations
- Strong experience in a managerial role
- Full UK driving license & own transport required