Genomics and Cellular Research
We are developing our capabilities in Assay Tool technologies for several areas of the business with a focus in our Customised Genomics workflow products (particularly our Lyo-Stable (lyophilisation) and magnetic bead conjugation products).
We are looking to engage the appropriate expertise to contribute to the technical requirements in this product area.
As a Scientist, you will be involved in the design, development, characterization and the transition of projects from research to development and manufacture (and product launch). You will have experience in and actively participate in all aspects of a development process and play a role, capable of lone working, but also able to work within cross-functional teams.
Located at the Cardiff site you will report to the local site R+D Leader.
There are opportunities to go perm (depending on business needs & performance)
- Lyo-Stable (Lyophilisation) assay design, specification, characterisation and analysis for use (primarily) in customer assay applications. Designing and completing appropriate test and characterization procedures
- Magnetic bead conjugation design and analysis.
- Working with cross-functional teams to develop Process Validation and design transfer protocols and participate in manufacturing transfer, efficiency and reliability.
- Interacting with customers in procedures involving demonstration and technical support.
- Addressing regulatory issues to enable products that are developed, manufactured or distributed to meet required standards.
- Working with cross-functional teams across the Genomics and Cellular Research businesses to support project plans and ensure adherence to schedules and project deadlines.
- 1-3 years productive and broad assay experience,
- Preferably with BSc or equivalent - relating to development of molecular biology assays
- Experience is development of or running different PCR techniques (e.g. PCR, QPCR or LAMP) is essential.
- Experience of magnetic bead conjugation, immuno or other biological assay application would be desirable.
- Experience of working within a large-scale industrial environment would be beneficial.
- freeze drying experience would be very valuable
37.5 hours - Monday to Friday 8-5:30pm - flexible start & finish times as long as they complete their hours