An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, a leading global FMCG company with brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum as a Finance Business Partner based at their prestigious facility in Blackfriars, London. This is a full-time (36.25 hours per week) temporary role for a period of 6 months, with the potential that this could be made permanent. This role is paying circa £37000 per annum, pro rata, depending on experience.
The successful candidate will play a key role in understanding the strategy, assessing its impact on key markets and delivering timely insights to the brand management for the largest male grooming brand in the world. The objective of the role is to work with the Global Brand Leadership to ensure decisions made are rooted in financial rigour.
This role offers the opportunity to work both with senior brand leadership as well as local markets across the globe to help steer the brand onto a course of long-term sustainable growth.
- Strategy Planning and Formulation - Support and partner with the Marketing teams in business modelling, P&L forecasts, competitor benchmarking, shadow P&Ls
- Strategy Execution - Driving strategy into action - Tracking progress against agreed strategic priorities and analysing variances.
- Performance Intervention - Complete the analytics required for any identified performance issues at a cell level - Brand/ Country cell and support resolution through cross-functional teams and Cluster/Divisional contacts. Based on this conduct performance interventions
- Innovation Management - Partner and challenge Marketing leads on the preparation of significant business cases across Categories to drive our Innovation lead growth agenda
- Work with project/brand directors/managers on innovation business cases
- Use financial insight to influence decisions
- Work with the marketing teams to build budgets and forecasts
- Present progress and key messages from project work
- Escalate major risks and issues for support with mitigation and resolution
- Participate in various cross-brand analysis/projects within Deodorants and potentially cross BPC division
- Work with I&A on Information Management and specific analytics on a regular basis
Key Skills Required:
- Previous experience as a Finance Business Partner (FMCG experience would be beneficial but not essential)
- Ability to present complex information in simplified manner
- Able to identify risks and opportunities in the P&L
- Experience in presenting to and communicating with senior Finance and non-Finance stakeholders
- Experience of working in multi-national teams and/or a virtual team environment would be an advantage
- Previous experience in local markets would be a plus
- Strong proven analytical skills, Excel modelling skills and attention to detail
- Critical Thinking
- Decision support - working collaboratively with others and communicating and influencing
- Business acumen
- Agility, Growth mind-set and Bias for action
- Passion for High Performance
- Accountability and responsibility