JOB FUNCTION - REQUIREMENTS - SUCCESS FACTORS
The role is for a Mixroom & Process Technician with the UK Automotive Business, which is responsible for managing and supplying materials to key automotive OEM accounts in the UK.
Based at one of the largest automotive manufacturing sites in the UK; working rotating shifts to support 24 hour continuous production within a team of mix room and process technicians. This role includes duties across all operations within the customer paint mix room and the measurement and collection of key performance data for materials on-line in the customer process. Responsible for measurement, interpretation, analysis and reporting of process KPIs and material line performance. This role is critical for ensuring products run with highest quality performance to meet and exceed customer requirements.
This role is a key front line representative of us on the customer site and critical to process performance and customer perception.
- Ability to show flexibility to meet process and customer requirements in a continuous production environment.
- Ability to work under pressure in a world class manufacturing environment.
- Confidence in dealing with customer and must have excellent communication skills.
- Technical and Process Engineering knowledge preferred.
- Knowledge of automotive process and or colour matching skills would be an advantage
- Problem solving skills and experience
- Team player but highly self-motivated with the ability to work under own direction.
- Understanding of the complexity of operating in a challenging customer facing role.
- Fork lift truck License would be an advantage
- Computer literate and ability to demonstrate
- To build strong and close working relationships within all customer departments and to make sure the interests are met in all discussions and both internal and customer KPIs are met.
- Proactively audit vehicles, processes, and record and report colour, appearance and defect measurement and trend data to ensure all products perform and continually improve to exceed customer requirements.
- Gather and interpret, lab results, usages etc. for presentation to customer as required.
- Attend daily/weekly and monthly customer meetings presenting process performance and material data as required, and conduct internal process management meetings.
- Working in a large team of mix room and process technicians, coordinating activities and working closely with other members of the paint shop service team.
- Responsible for the continuous running of paint mix equipment and process
- Using computerised systems to monitor and control paint systems
- Routine scheduled process monitoring tasks and responding to process faults.
- Ensuring paint and materials are prepared, monitored and loaded to ensure continuous production to highest quality standards
- Ensure that customer EH&S requirements are met at all times and that the company's ethical and legal policies are adhered to.
- To represent the company, showing the customer the value of working by your actions, values and professionalism.
- Provide daily interface with customer personnel from all levels and departments and to provide concern resolution for all products, showing the required high levels of flexibility to drive and manage required actions.
- Compile and issue internal and external reports.
- Comply and actively participate with all company Training, 5s, Wellness and company activities and requirements.
- Carry out any reasonable request as directed by the Site Manager, Regional Sales Manager or leadership teams during the course of your duties.
Individual Success Factors: - Learn continuously, Communicate and share; Solve problems, Functional Expertise, Product and Service Knowledge; Build strong work relationships.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a:
- Colour Blindness Test
- Apptitude Test
- Excel Test