*This is a long term temporary contract with manpower and the successful candidate would need to undergo BPSS checks
The Central Technical Organisation (CTO) of the Nuclear Generation business provides technical engineering and project services to all of the 8 Nuclear power stations. There is a requirement for individuals to help the business in its delivery of this complex portfolio of engineering works in terms of provision of 'project support' to those managing packages of work, and provision of management information to support the decision making processes. After some re-structuring, the Fleet Graphite Programme has a vacancy for a Senior Project Support Officer.
The role of the Senior PSO supports the business in developing a year-ahead work plan constrained to the internal resources and funding available. The PSO provides support to those managing packages of work by helping them with a variety of standard business processes / systems / tools and liaising with appropriate internal stakeholders. The PSO also provides management information to delivery teams to ensure that the current portfolio of work is matched to the internal and external resources and budgets available, and reallocated as effectively as possible when priorities change.
The support includes but is not limited to:-
- raising orders for the spending of monies on goods and services,
- ensuring that accruals/goods receipts are in place,
- managing external budgets during the year, making changes where needed,
- securing changes to planned levels of internal resource,
- updating and inputting data for internal resources and planned milestones,
- problem solving on behalf of those managing packages of work to ensure good control, wherever this is appropriate and
- input at progress meetings where required to provide supporting information to those managing the packages of work.
- ad-hoc support, in line with Business need.
Senior PSO additional Responsibilities for Fleet Graphite Programme
The individual will also provide specialist support to the following:
- Champion of ENG/DA Work Management processes and provides specialist input specifically to the Investment Delivery Process.
- Acts as an advocate of the Investment Delivery Process inside and outside the team, promoting changes and improvements
- Innovate and challenge
- Preparation of reports and presentations
- Interrogation of the systems and analysis and validation of the data.
- SAP expert - specifically BEX reporting, budget shuffles and re-profiling
- Co-ordination of programme exercises.
- In depth knowledge and skills related to the internal systems and tools used in the delivery of investment portfolios
- One Plan investment principles,
- IMS - linking project outcomes to the mitigation of business risks,
- Investment Delivery Process including Project Review Committee/Investment Review Meeting cycle,
- PRC gate papers and best practice including pre-PRC Paper Quality Review process
- Able to provide guidance and advice about financial and contract management to help improve budget control and commercial awareness.
- Previous experience of providing high quality proactive support to others.
- Strong numerical skills, able to interrogate, analyse and report data.
- Good experiences of Microsoft Office software in general; in particular excel skills for reporting and analysis.
Bias for action, questioning attitude, organised and structured, problem solver, flexible, adaptable, proactive, excellent attention to detail, excellent communication, applies professional judgement, builds relationships, team player, co-ordinates, leads and supports performance improvements,