Prison Escort Drivers, Teesside
Our client offers full training including first aid, mental health, and control and restraint.
A career with our client offers many benefits, these include:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme and life assurance
- Discount vouchers
- Childcare Vouchers
- Employee assistance programme
- Pension scheme (auto-enrolment)
- Healthcare cash plan
- Maternity/Paternity leave
No two days are the same. It's an exciting place to be.
We are looking for individuals to join our team in delivering an outstanding service by ensuring the safe and secure movement of people in our custody; within our vehicles and courts across England and Wales, whilst working efficiently to meet deadlines.
PCO Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the safe and secure movement of people in our custody; including out of prison, on our vehicles and at court
- Responsible for the safe and secure movements of people in custody where required. (additional training will be given for the escorting of people)
- Ensure the welfare of people in our custody, this includes
o Conducting risk assessments for vulnerable or 'at risk' people
o Managing their meals and snacks
o Ensuring comfort stops are taken when necessary whilst in transit
- Securely escorting people in custody whilst in court including to the dock, on legal visits and during comfort breaks
- Ensuring all 'prisoner checks' are completed and recorded
- Managing incidents if they occur including potential use of physical force to control and restrain when required
Our PCOs are also responsible for:
- Liaising with third party agencies including the police and prison services to ensure correct documentation is completed
- Maintaining our company vehicles by carrying out interior and exterior vehicle checks and ensuring accurate reporting and documentation.
- Ensuring vehicles have sufficient equipment to carry out tasks
- Maintaining own knowledge through regular review of business updates and operating procedures
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- The ability to work well under pressure and to tight time deadlines
- Ability to build effective working relationships and work as a team
- A positive and practical attitude
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Driving licence preferred for vehicle base positions
- Physical ability to use force when required
Please note that this role is subject to pre-employment screening
Subject to enhanced DBS
Your application will be treated with absolute confidentiality.