Manpower are recruiting for Van drivers to deliver and collect parcels on a multi-drop basis within a defined geographical area. You will be providing excellent customer service in a front facing role, representing our client to the general public. The shifts will be 5/6 days a week, Monday - Saturday and you will be on a set route each day. Start times vary from 9am - 11:00. Rates of pay start at £8.50 an hour and go to £9.36 an hour when after 12 weeks worked. The opportunities are on a temporary to permanent basis for successful candidates after 12 weeks therefore you should be fully committed to the temporary assignment with a desire to secure a permanent career.
* Maintaining integrity and ownership when handling packages, to make certain the product is securely delivered to the correct address
* Completing assigned deliveries within the time allocated on the designated route. Initiative, knowledge and skill should be used to anticipate and resolve any day to day issues
* Ensuring scanning compliance at all times with the accurate use of the hand held terminals
* Accurate completion of all relevant paperwork
* Ensuring all activities are undertaken in accordance with appropriate security and Health and Safety legislation and policies
* Maintain a clean and tidy appearance together with a professional courteous manner to all customers and colleagues
* Maintaining contact with the depot, ensuring any issues are communicated throughout the day
* Loading and unloading of vehicles, vehicle compliance and daily checks
* Where necessary some warehouse duties will be required to meet the needs of the business, along with the manual handling of heavier and large items
* Liaise with internal and external support services within the agreed SLA to resolve daily issues affecting daily service.
Skills & Experience
* Experience of driving a light commercial vehicle and currently hold a valid category B driving licence (with no more than 6 points)
* Experience of multi-drop deliveries (upwards of 20 stops per day)
* Ability to deliver good customer service
* Organised and able to work on own initiative
* Good geographical awareness and/or map reading skills
* Knowledge of working time directive
Interested? Apply Here.