Position Credit Controller
We are looking for a Credit Controller to work in my clients offices based in Peterborough. This is an excellent opportunity to join a well establish company who like to develop their staff
To manage customer ledgers ensuring the maximum amount of cash is collected, whilst minimising the risk of bad debts. Liaising with both internal and external customers to maintain productive working relationships.
Reporting to the Credit Control Supervisor, working within a team of Credit Controllers Pier group: sales ledger team, depot staff
* Contacting customers to secure payment to terms & for overdue invoices.
*Investigating and working with colleagues within the business/depots to resolve customer queries promptly.
* Processing customer correspondence, ensuring accounts are maintained effectively
* Working closely with team members to provide support as required and towards achievement of business goals.
* Maintaining strong relationships with internal and external customers.
* To work in a safe and sensible manner within the boundaries of the Company Health and Safety Policy and any additional site restrictions.
Key factors for success (short-term, mid-term and long-term)
Success in a 6 months will include:
* Aware of all company policies and processes
Success in 1 year will include:
* To have gained understanding of the business processes that will enable the team to work to strict deadlines.
* Maintain a good working relationship with peers and direct management.
* Strong working ethics, self starter and results orientated.
Success in 3 years will include:
* Fully skilled in role
* Ability to train other employees.
* Comprehensive knowledge of the tasks, operations, targets and customers.
Job experience & skills requirements
* Polite & firm telephone manner
* Ability to build & maintain effective relationships
* Ability to work on own initiative & be part of a team
* Attention to detail & conscientious
* Ability to prioritise workloads and achieve deadlines
* Target focused with a desire to achieve
* Motivated Work Experience
* Experience working as a Credit Controller is essential
* Proficient in Microsoft office, in particular Excel and Outlook
* Get Paid knowledge would be an advantage May be required to visit customers and depots