Experienced Van drivers immediate start
*** Temp to Perm***
Starts 22/3/18 apply now!!!
Manpower are recruiting for experienced Cat B/ van drivers, to deliver and collect parcels from designated locations on a multi-drop basis. You will be given a defined geographical area for one of the UK's leading parcel companies. You will be providing excellent customer service in a front facing role, representing our client to the general public.
The shifts will be 5/6 days Monday - Saturday and you will be on a set route each day. Start times vary from 9am - 11:30. Rates of pay start at £8.00 and go to £8.40 when at parity or permanent.
The opportunities are on a temporary to permanent basis for successful candidates, you should be fully committed to the temporary assignment with a desire to secure a permanent career.
* Maintaining integrity and ownership when handling packages, to make certain product is securely delivered to the correct drop off point
* Completing assigned deliveries within time allocated on the designated route. Initiative, knowledge and skill should be used to anticipate and resolve any day to day issues
* Ensuring scanning compliance at all times with the accurate use of the hand held terminals
* Accurate completion of all relevant paperwork
* Ensuring all activities are undertaken in accordance with appropriate security and Health and Safety legislation and policies
* Maintain a clean and tidy appearance together with a professional courteous manner to all customers and colleagues
* Maintaining contact with the depot, ensuring any issues are communicated throughout the day
* Loading and unloading of vehicles, vehicle compliance and daily checks.
* Where necessary some warehouse duties will be required to meet the needs of the business, along with the manual handling of heavier and large items
* Liaise with internal and external support services within the agreed SLA to resolve daily issues affecting daily service.
Skills & Experience
* Experience of driving a light commercial vehicle and currently hold a valid category driving licence (with not more than 6 points)
* Experience of multi-drop deliveries
* Ability to deliver good customer service
* Organised and able to work on own initiative
* Good geographical awareness and/or map reading skills
* Knowledge of working time directive.
If the role is for you, please apply within for immediate interview and start date 22nd March 2018.