Experienced Van drivers immediate start
5 days left
*** Temp to Perm***
Starts 22/3/18 apply now!!!
Manpower are recruiting for experienced Cat B/ van drivers, to deliver and collect parcels from designated locations on a multi-drop basis. You will be given a defined geographical area for one of the UK's leading parcel companies. You will be providing excellent customer service in a front facing role, representing our client to the general public.
The shifts will be 5/6 days Monday - Saturday and you will be on a set route each day. Start times vary from 9am - 11:30. Rates of pay start at £8.00 and go to £8.40 when at parity or permanent.
The opportunities are on a temporary to permanent basis for successful candidates, you should be fully committed to the temporary assignment with a desire to secure a permanent career.
* Maintaining integrity and ownership when handling packages, to make certain product is securely delivered to the correct drop off point
* Completing assigned deliveries within time allocated on the designated route. Initiative, knowledge and skill should be used to anticipate and resolve any day to day issues
* Ensuring scanning compliance at all times with the accurate use of the hand held terminals
* Accurate completion of all relevant paperwork
* Ensuring all activities are undertaken in accordance with appropriate security and Health and Safety legislation and policies
* Maintain a clean and tidy appearance together with a professional courteous manner to all customers and colleagues
* Maintaining contact with the depot, ensuring any issues are communicated throughout the day
* Loading and unloading of vehicles, vehicle compliance and daily checks.
* Where necessary some warehouse duties will be required to meet the needs of the business, along with the manual handling of heavier and large items
* Liaise with internal and external support services within the agreed SLA to resolve daily issues affecting daily service.
Skills & Experience
* Experience of driving a light commercial vehicle and currently hold a valid category driving licence (with not more than 6 points)
* Experience of multi-drop deliveries
* Ability to deliver good customer service
* Organised and able to work on own initiative
* Good geographical awareness and/or map reading skills
* Knowledge of working time directive.
If the role is for you, please apply within for immediate interview and start date 22nd March 2018.
Apply for Experienced Van drivers immediate start
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly