Site Engineer - Quarry - Mountsorrel Quarry, Leicester
£25,000 PER ANNUM
To carry out scheduled and unscheduled repairs to Heavy Mobile Equipment (HME), and ancillary assets, on site and at the site workshop as required to maintain the project equipment availability and cost control targets. Provide technical and diagnostic support to local engineer resource and wider supply chain alike. Liaise with the Managed Service Centre (MSC) to ensure that all relevant information is captured on the Tranman Management Information System (MIS).
* Assist with the promotion of safe working practices, the development/maintenance of a culture in which health and safety is everyone's key priority, and work to eliminate accidents in accordance with the "Home Safe Every Day philosophy.
* Ensure that individual endeavours in the field of health and safety are consistent with, and compliment, those being undertaken by the customer.
* Work closely with the Workshop Manager to support the planning of tasks, continually improve maintenance strategies, manage local consumable and parts stocks, and support the training and development of the local engineer resource.
* Carry out periodic scheduled maintenance in line with OEM and industry best practice, and in accordance with the company forward servicing schedule.
* Carry out fault diagnosis and unscheduled maintenance in line with OEM and industry best practice, ensuring tasks are prioritised to maximise equipment availability for the customer.
* Ensure that backlog repairs are captured and reported to the MSC such that they are planned as appropriate and carried out at next most suitable maintenance intervention.
* Ensure that oils and fluids samples are expedited in a safe and efficient manner such that their interpretation can drive a condition monitoring methodology as required of the project.
* Ensure that all specialist tools and lifting equipment are calibrated and/or certified fit for purpose as required by industry best practice and legislation.
* Ensure that industry best practice is adhered to in respect to contamination control.
* Liaise with Condition Monitoring Engineer (CME) and Product and Applications Specialist to ensure local maintenance strategies are aligned with project goals and objectives.
* Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required.
* Equipment operating costs and availability.
* Effective utilisation of own time and materials.
* Customer satisfaction.
* Quality, HS&E compliance.
* Significant experience with heavy plant and equipment engineering in the quarrying and aggregates, or allied, industry. Ideally, as an experienced plant engineer in both the workshop and field.
* Experience and an understanding of condition monitoring principles as they affect the owning and operating costs of equipment.
* Experience of working within quality accreditation standards.
* Experience of a working within a culturally strong SHEQ culture.
* Knowledge of heavy mobile plant and auxiliary equipment rules and legislation.
* Good technical knowledge of heavy mobile plant and auxiliary equipment.
* Good knowledge of equipment operating costs, and the important part that effective condition monitoring plays in reducing same.
* Ability to develop and maintain effective customer and supplier relationships.
* Detailed knowledge of health and safety legislation in a mobile equipment environment and its application.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to act as a credible advocate for the Company.
* Ability to develop innovative solutions to problems and maximise opportunities.
* Ability to work effectively as part of a team to achieve desired results.
* Results driven and strives to exceed expectations.
* Works in the interest of the business, not just own area.
* Takes a positive and pro-active approach to problem solving.
* Recognised construction plant and equipment qualification