HGV CLASS 2 DRIVER
The role will involve picking up lorry from Carrickfergus, assisting with loading , taking Lorry and its goods to London and back to Carrickfergus. You will also be responsible for the collection & delivery of goods through NI & GB. Previous HGV driving would be preferable, a counterbalance forklift licence would also be desirable. Our client has sites across NI & GB Will require unsociable hours and weekend working from time to time to ensure that our contracts are met on time. Must be flexible, a good communicator and have the ability to work in a team and on an individual basis.
Other Job requirements include:
- Loading goods for delivery efficiently ensuring securely fastened and wrapped for protection.
- Keep record of mileage through tachographs and deliveries.
- Deal appropriately with invoices and delivery notes received and ensure they are completed for each load
- Compliance with various regulations that exist relating to your vehicle, such as speed, load limits or hours of driving
- Maintaining your vehicle and keeping it clean.
- Reporting any vehicle defects immediately to the Health & Safety Manager.
- To participate and support all Company initiatives with compliance to procedures and requirements for ISO9001, 14001, & 18001, FSC and Investors in People Standards
- Any other duties conducive to the effective operation of the post which the Company deem to be within the post holder's competence and operational requirements of the business may dictate that overtime may be required from time to time