Job Title: Maintenance Assistant
Are you a qualified Telehandler Operator?
Would you enjoy working in a Marine environment?
Are you able to keep a cool head in pressurised, dynamic situations?
Can you respond to out of hours working requests?
My client is looking to appoint a Maintenance Assistant (Plant Operator) to joint their fast paced environment in Torpoint. My client runs a busy 24/7 service every day of the year with 1, 2 or 3 Ferries running.
The role requires suitable mechanical/plant experience, preferably within a marine environment, to support the upkeep of the ferry service. My client is a vital link between Plymouth and Cornwall and sees around 2.4 million vehicles and 600K foot passengers a year crossing with us.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Carry out planned maintenance of the Telescopic Handler
- Liaise with contractors for any defects to be promptly rectified
- Maintain operation and maintenance records for the Telescopic Handler
- Ensure slipways are maintained and kept clear
- Ensure all staff are correctly briefed on safety precautions
- Carry out Telescopic Handler lifting operations as requested, using forks hook and bucket
- Carry out mandatory periodic inspections of all ladders used by technical staff
- Carry out and record pre-use inspections of mobile scaffolding
- Carry out routine maintenance and inspection of all lifting equipment
- Assist other ferry technical staff with maintenance tasks when requested
My client is asking that you hold the below experience/Qualifications:
- Telescopic Operators Handler Certificate
- Full Driving Licence
- IPAF Certificate
- Attention to detail
- And good record keeping
The hours of work you would be expected to work are
- Monday-Thursday - 7.30-17.00
- Friday - 7.30-2.30
Salary: £20513-£21724 DOE
If this sounds like a brilliant opportunity for you then apply today or if you have any questions please call Lyndsay on 0117 933 8671. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks of application; we aim to speak to all candidates that apply.