Prisoner Custody Officer
Our client is looking for individuals to join their team in delivering an outstanding service by ensuring the safe and secure movement of people in their custody; within their vehicles and courts in the Rochester area, whilst working efficiently to meet deadlines.
As a Prisoner Custody Officer, your role will involve:
· Responsible for the safe and secure movement of people in their custody; including out of prison, in their vehicles and at court
· Ensure the welfare of people in their custody, this includes
- Conducting risk assessments for vulnerable or 'at risk' people
- Managing their meals and snacks
- Ensuring comfort stops are taken when necessary whilst in transit
- Securely escorting people in custody whilst in court including to the dock, on legal visits and during comfort breaks
- Ensuring all 'prisoner checks' are completed and recorded
- Managing incidents if they occur including potential use of physical force to control and restrain when required
- Liaising with third party agencies including the police and prison services to ensure correct documentation is completed
- Maintaining their company vehicles by carrying out interior and exterior vehicle checks and ensuring accurate reporting and documentation
- Ensuring vehicles have sufficient equipment to carry out tasks
This is an exciting opportunity where no two days are the same. Full training including first aid, mental health, and control and restraint will be provided.
The successful applicant will need to have the following qualities/skills:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- The ability to work well under pressure and to tight time deadlines
- Ability to build effective working relationships and work as a team
- A positive and practical attitude
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Driving licence
- Physical ability to use force when required
In return you will benefit from 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, pension scheme and life assurance, discount vouchers and childcare vouchers.
Hours: 35 hours per week
Please note that this role is subject to pre-employment screening
Interested in this role, based in the Rochester area? Please email your CV or contact me on 07483 340870.