IT SUPPORT ENGINEER
Deskside Support Engineer II
A Deskside Support Engineer is sought after a high profile Blue Chip Technology client. The role will require the successful individual to work on a permanent basis responding to requests, building, configuring and installing new Workstations, Desktops and Laptops in a very busy and demanding environment. The engineer will contact associates for their PC hardware and software requirements, to build new Laptops and Desktops, copy user data to new PC as well as installing at the desk and wiping the HDD off the machine.
* Software and system fault diagnosis, analysis and fix.
* Respond to all email requests regarding Refresh issues.
* Take responsibility for stock used and follow the correct procedures regarding stock management.
* Build new machines within the time scales provided by the Team Lead
* Install additional applications on the new equipment
* Copy locally saved data to new device
* Wipe the previous device via G-Disk
* Acknowledge and respond to emails
* Arrange dates and times with users for their interviews and installs
* Ownership of all user problems through to completion.
* Risk awareness of technology and business impact.
* Proactively keeps customer updated with problem status at all times.
* Identifying and reporting risk as appropriate in accordance with the guidelines
SKILLS & QUALIFICATION
* PC/Desktop Support knowledge including Windows XP, Windows 7 & Windows Office Suites and core application suites.
* Administering Windows Share\File permissions.
* Mobile connectivity (E.g. secureID/MAS)
* Microsoft Certification (MCSE/MCSA/MCP's).
* Knowledge of SCCM
* Good knowledge of H P and Dell Workstation, Desktops & Laptops
* Accepts and handles responsibility.
* Cooperates with supervisors.
* Willing to learn new skills.
* Works with minimum supervision.
* Solves personal and professional problems.
* Microsoft Windows XP/7 and office applications.
* Excellent Communication and People skills.
* Friendly phone manner.
On offer is a permanent role paying up to £23,700 a year plus benefits.
To apply please send your CV and do not hesitate to contact myself on 0 7 5 1 5 3 2 4 6 9 5.