Preston, Lancashire (Walton Summit Centre).
Our client offer a complete range of vehicle maintenance solutions designed around you and your business. Their years of expertise and knowledge are there to support their customers with their passion of driving fleets forward.
Your role as a HGV Technician would see you play your part in the support of vehicle maintenance solutions. You would carry out the pre-delivery service, identify and diagnosing any mechanical, electrical or other faults and rectifying them to ensure the vehicle is safe, legal and meets the required quality standard - as well as MOT preparation of heavy goods vehicles. You will be working on a vast range of vehicles brands, however the main focus of your work would be on Mercedes.
The position includes mostly workshop based work; with mobile work an option but not a requirement.
Hours of work: 45 hours per week, Monday to Friday 6am-6pm (must be flexible in between these times). Over-time is available on weekends and evenings & on-call work is an option if you want.
What you need:
- Experience in diagnosing faults on HGVs.
- Experience in rectifying/repair faults and servicing HGVs.
- Experience in MOT prep/testing of HGVs would be an advantage but not essential.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and on your own.
- Adaptable/use your own initiative.
- Driving license would be an advantage.
- You must have your own basic tool kit (specialised tools for specific vehicles are supplied)
If this permanent position sounds of interest to you then please get in touch with Joe Guy.
Office No: 01925 237955 / / Work No: 07515 325278