Support worker / PA
Purpose of Job:
The provision of support work to enable and assist our client to fulfil current core functions of the Business Development Manager for the South West. This will also include any other defined Operational Manager role within Dorset Devon and Cornwall that they undertake. Specifically to assist identified assisted solution needs namely dyslexia and hearing loss/tinnitus including personal administrative support and confidential secretarial support.
* To act as a translator between electronic information (emails) and the BDM, reading, marking up and sorting all communications received to enable maximum work throughput.
* Listen in to calls to provide hearing support and clarification (as required).
* Provide organisation, routine and structure, recognising the challenge presented by dyslexia and the effect of disorganisation and change, thereby enabling the BDM to maximise his daily work.
* Assisting in the writing of papers, emails, minutes, and providing briefing papers as background as necessary to assist the BDM and provide proof reading and grammatical advice.
* Providing detailed administrative support in the organisation of meetings, drafting agendas, providing detailed contract review write up and action follow up.
* To store and retrieve information using appropriate filing systems, both paper and electronic and to manage several large databases.
* To read out loud emails and papers to assist in the proofing of key documents written by the BDM. By reading out loud and to clarify and discuss salient points and act as a sounding board.
* Previous PA experience
* A good communicator, both verbally and in writing
* A team player with a flexible and proactive approach
* Demonstrable proficiency with Microsoft Office
* Ability to interrogate performance data in spreadsheet format and provide accurate briefing to CP BDM
* Demonstrable capability to organise and prioritise
* Demonstrable capability to work under time pressure whilst continuing to prioritise and perform effectively
* Experience of maintaining high standards of customer care
* Experience of working with high profile stakeholders
* Ability to demonstrate sound judgement and take initiative to make decisions in absence of key stakeholders
* Demonstrable commitment to equality of opportunity
* Understanding of business objectives and relationships relative to KPI performance with sensitivity to cash linked performance targets.
* Ability to attend and contribute towards operational meetings
* Ability to manage multiple work streams in unison.
* Previous 1:1 PA experience
* Minimum of 5 GCSE/O Level passes at Grade C or above, one of which must be in English
* Minimum typing speed of 60 wpm
* Expertise in Microsoft Office
* Experience in minute taking
* Experience of working with individuals with hearing loss/dyslexia