The Head of Property Services is looking for a Technical Manager based at Milton Park, Abingdon to be a responsible for the provision of a defined range of Technical services, customer liaison, including meeting clients and ensuring client enquiries are promptly processed and responded to - meeting SLA and KPI requirements, keeping clients informed of any delays or difficulties encountered. Management of client enquiries and orders for property services, site visits, costing of jobs and submission of quotations for all jobs and tenders for mechanical and electrical supply, purchasing of materials, plant hire, allocation of duties to team members, risk assessments & method statements, work permits, reconciliation of time-sheets and completion of job sheets for invoicing processes.
Assistance with management and supervision of property services team, Compliance with company health & safety and environmental procedures and current legislation, complete conversance with company procedures and organisation.
- Carrying out site visits in response to client enquiries or orders, specifying what work is required. This will include requesting drawings or making drawings of the site, assessing any risks and obtaining sufficient information to ensure that quotations can be raised and work can be carried out.
- Ensuring the department is accurate in pricing jobs including obtaining costs for all materials, plant hire and labour and the preparation and submission of quotations and tender documents.
- Management of order processing ensuring all jobs are logged on the computerised maintenance management system, including ordering raw materials, plant and equipment hire and allocating jobs to staff.
The role of Technical Manager is extremely important as your support is crucial in ensuring the department achieves exceptional standards. It is important that clients, suppliers, sub-contractors, staff and other outside agencies are treated in a warm, friendly, courteous and professional manner.
Clients should have their enquiries dealt with as soon as possible. All requests for quotations and confirmed jobs are logged on the computerised maintenance management system.
- Management of routine maintenance schedule ensuring targets are achieved and deadlines are met.
- Responsibility for ensuring clients are kept up to date regarding the status of repairs already requested and confirmation of anticipated completion dates.
- Attending and chairing when required regular departmental progress meetings including logging all ongoing and scheduled jobs and client enquiries and circulating reports and action lists.
- Ensuring quality, health & safety and environmental procedures are followed and updated in accordance with any new legislation.
- Management of the issue of risk assessments and method statements for all jobs and the obtaining of work permits before any work can commence.
- Assistance with management and leadership of the property services team as required including overseeing the allocation of work, attendance and performance management, motivation and the provision of advice and support to the team as required.
- Supervision of processing of invoices and delivery notes from suppliers, sub-contractors and own staff.
- Provision of information to clients and sub-contractors as required regarding repairs by Property Services including audits, satisfaction surveys, appointments, abortive calls etc.
- Management of the department's administration, ensuring accurate records are maintained and all data is stored safely and accurately.
The hours are 40 hours per week which can include some unsociable and weekend work to deal with emergency's and some cover for absences. Salary offered is £35k
If you have the right experience and are interested, please send your cv or call me on 01865 245257