Handyman / Maintanence Man
Our client in Central Oxford is looking for an experienced Handyman / Maintenance Man to provide services the Clients, suppliers, management and other staff as required.
Provision of handyman services including cover at other sites as required.
All varieties of able body assistance
keeping notice boards up to date.
Various Building, Plumbing and Carpentry works.
Emergency Light Monthly Flick Tests, Water temperature checks, Fire Alarm weekly checks, Meter Readings, Carry out inspections of buildings and report back findings, to list a few jobs which may be requested.
Establishment of excellent interpersonal relationships with clients, suppliers, sub-contractors, employees and other outside agencies
- Escorting maintenance Suppliers who attend site.
- Keeping the client / Property Services Manager informed of progress on site, notifying of any problems including if deadlines cannot be met.
- Ensuring that no work is carried out without a risk assessment, method statement and work permit (where necessary) in place.
- Liaison with other departments, as required.
- Attending departmental meetings including discussion of all ongoing and scheduled jobs and client enquiries, reviewing reports and action lists.
- Keeping the work area clean, tidy and well organised.
- The provision of a defined range of handyman services.
- Qualified carpenter services is the highest requirement.
- Cover for handyman duties at client sites.
- Compliance with site health and safety procedures and current legislation.
- Complete conversance with company procedures and organisation.
A work van is available to travel to various places in central oxford, hours are 40 hours per week, from 08.00am to 16.30pm Monday to Friday, some flexibility is required to cover for absences and to meet business needs which included paid over time.
If you have the right experience and are interested, please send your cv or call me on 01865 245257